Head of Geography
This job expired on 17 February 2023 – see similar jobs
17 February 2023 at 11am
26 January 2023
- View all Geographyjobs
Full-time equivalent salary
- United Learning PayScale plus TLR2b (Competitive with MPS/UPS)
Head of Geography job summary
Post Title: Head of Geography
Start Date: After Easter start or as soon as possible by negotiation
Hours of Work: Full Time/ Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary Grade: United Learning PayScale plus TLR2b (Competitive with MPS/UPS)
Responsible to: Head of Department
Conditions of Service: United Learning Contract
Are you passionate about teaching Geography?
We are looking for a passionate Head of Geography to join our supportive team at The Lowry Academy.
What can we offer?
- Competitive Teachers Pay Range, United Learning Trust’s Pay Policy applies
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Disruption-free learning: a culture where teachers can teach, and students can learn.
- 5 INSET days per year +3 additional planning days each term, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development to support in planning, resourcing, moderation and most importantly, workload.
- The benefits of working in a successfully multi-academy trust and full access to ongoing CPD, including enrolment on the Early Career Teacher programme for recently qualified colleagues.
- Access to our full programme of teacher development CPD and coaching as appropriate.
At The Lowry Academy we have high expectations and believe every single child can achieve. Our staff are highly professional, and we are relentlessly ensuring those high standards are maintained so teachers can teach, and students can learn. We prepare children for future success and ask students to live our values of Aspiration, Respect, Confidence, Creativity and Resilience. To maintain this strong culture, we have non-negotiable expectations:
- All students arrive on time for their lessons. Students must arrive on time to be admitted to the lesson.
- All students are expected to have full equipment for every lesson.
- All students must think hard and work hard in lessons. Students are not allowed to opt out of their learning.
- The school has a straightforward approach to disruption to lessons. We follow a warn-remove policy where any student who disrupts learning, having been previously warned and given the opportunity to correct their behaviour, including opting out of work, is removed from the lesson.
- The Academy has zero tolerance for any act of defiance or disrespect towards staff or other students.
We are not just about academic success; we work hard to ensure that we role model the right behaviours and provide opportunities for our pupils to develop the skills and understanding required to both be personally successful in the future workplace but also have a positive impact on the world.
Our aim is to prepare our students for adulthood and to be good citizens with high ambitions and the courage to exceed in their future. If you are passionate and share the same desire about changing the lives of students, we would like to hear from you.
We welcome visits to our academy so that you can experience the unique ethos of The Lowry Academy for yourself. If you would like to visit the academy, please contact Jannat Abutaeva (HR Assistant), on 0161 529 5177 or via email to Jannat.Abutaeva@lowryacademy.org.uk
The purpose of this role is to provide learning activities to all ages of students in order to develop an interest and ability for expression, to develop an understanding, and using different methods to deliver a successful course with patience and tact with each student to meet their goals. To ensure the outstanding provision and inclusive practice for all children with additional needs across the school, thereby facilitating the best possible academic and social outcomes.
The post holder will report directly to the Head of Humanities and will work alongside other staff members, to ensure quality inclusive provision for pupils across the organisation.
We are a caring yet ambitious academy at the heart of our local community. We provide all our students with opportunities to strive toward academic excellence and develop interpersonal skills in order to make a positive contribution to society. We have a calm and supportive environment characterised by respectful relationships between staff and students. Through our clear focus on delivering excellent academic standards for all students, we put high-quality teaching and learning at the core of our approach.
In joining The Lowry Academy, you will also be joining United Learning, a successful Multi Academy Trust. United Learning schools work as a team and achieve more thorough sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum, and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
The Lowry Academy is committed to creating the best place to work, where all staff can reach their full potential. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and welcome and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please contact HumanResources@lowryacademy.org.uk for a recruitment pack. We reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
Interview W/C 27/02/2023
The Lowry is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. This responsibility necessitates a child protection policy and robust procedures. Each student’s welfare is of paramount importance. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be read on our website.
About The Lowry Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 956 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Lowry Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Eden Boys' School Bolton
Wolfenden Street, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL1 3QE
Burscough Priory Academy
Trevor Road, Ormskirk, L40 7RZ
Glossopdale School and Sixth Form
Newshaw Lane, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 2DA
Ladybridge High School
New York, Bolton, Lancashire, BL3 4NG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester