Head of History
Hamstead Hall is a highly successful, heavily oversubscribed 11 – 18 Academy.
The Directors of the Trust are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic teacher with integrity, compassion and vision for the post of Head of History. The successful candidate will understand, value and nurture the Academy's ethos whilst building on the department’s success to date.
We are looking for someone who is:
• An outstanding and effective classroom practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards
• An excellent communicator with interpersonal skills and can think strategically
• Knowledgeable about the History curriculum across key stages 3 – 5.
• Experienced in implementing strategies to improve attitudes to learning and outcomes
• A strategic thinker who will inspire staff and students to reach their full potential
• A warm person with high levels of emotional intelligence and a sense of humour.
For further details contact Pam Mole, PA to the Executive Principals, at the Academy or Rachel Parnell, Deputy Head of School, to arrange an informal visit to see the Academy.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21 October 2019, 3.00 pm at the very latest.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
All candidates must have teaching experience
MPR/UPR + TLR 1 - £8069
A CPL programme exists at the Academy
About Hamstead Hall Academy
- Craythorne Avenue, Birmingham, West Midlands, B20 1HL
- Hamstead Hall Academy website (opens in a new window)