Head of History
Ossett Academy and Accord Sixth Form are seeking to appoint a dynamic and visionary experienced practitioner to lead the History team and successfully contribute towards a forward thinking Humanities department.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who can enthuse, engage, motivate and inspire both students and staff with a desire and strong commitment for improvement and team building.
The Head of History will report directly to the Head of Humanities in a robust departmental structure that fosters a collaborative atmosphere to ensure the best outcomes for students.
If you have the vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached we’d love to hear from you.
Ossett Academy is part of the Accord Multi Academy Trust which is a Wakefield based Trust; all four academies in the Trust are closely located to one another which lends itself to many opportunities to work closely and collaboratively. All academies are within a three mile radius of one another and can be found a short drive off junction 40 of the M1.
Talk to our staff or pupils and you will find out how proud we are of our unique academy, its supportive atmosphere and strong team ethos. We’re more than happy to show prospective applicants around, and encourage interested candidates to visit and see what makes us great!
Contact the HR team on 01924 668930 or email@example.com and we’ll make the arrangements or would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
For more details, or if you’re ready to apply, visit our website at https://www.ossettacademy.co.uk/recruitment/ where you will find the application form available to download.
Please return completed application forms to the Accord HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Accord HR Department, Storrs Hill Road, Ossett, WF5 0DG.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 20 February 2020 at 12.00pm.
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 24 February 2020.
Ossett Academy and Accord Sixth Form is committed equal opportunities and to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Essential educational requirements
- Degree in relevant subject
- QTS qualification
Essential skills and experience
- Up to date knowledge of specialist subject and curriculum
- Proven success of effective teaching and learning in specialist subject area
- Excellent communication skills
- An opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across academies and within the central Trust teams, with other academies and Multi Academy Trust’s on a local or regional basis
- Opportunities to lead on developments as a stepping stone to further career opportunities.
- A specific career stage pathway of professional development with a commitment to support engagement in nationally recognised professional qualifications (NPQ’s).
- All employees have access to discounted rates for self and family members for a range of local and national companies and services, reviewed annually.
- All employees have access to the Fitness Suite located within one of the Academies in the Trust free of charge.
About Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College
- Storrs Hill Road, Ossett, West Yorkshire, WF5 0DG
- Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College website (opens in a new window)