Head of History
If you have a passion for History, come and lead a team that is achieving excellent results, and inspire the next generation of our students to succeed in this important and valued subject.
Would you like to join an outstanding school where the emphasis is on learning and teaching, staff development and teamwork? Would you relish the opportunity to be at the heart of our journey to go ‘beyond outstanding’?
History is a successful and thriving subject at The Radclyffe School and has a proven record of excellent results. Students hold the subject in high regard and this is reflected in a sustained option uptake at GCSE level.
As Head of Department you will be joining the Humanities Faculty which comprises of R.S, Geography and History.
• a qualified teacher with a degree in History (or a relevant subject);
• consistently delivering good lessons with the potential to be outstanding;
• passionate about History;
• naturally positive and forward looking;
• successfully leading a school initiative / curricular development /staff development;
• adaptable and flexible;
• a team player committed to personal excellence for students, colleagues and yourself?
We can offer you:
• an outstanding and forward looking school with stunning and unrivalled facilities;
• a professional, dedicated and supportive environment;
• a supportive staff and Senior Leadership Team;
• a school renowned for outstanding professional development opportunities;
• a school community committed to corporate excellence.
Application is via the school application form, to be returned to email@example.com by Monday 14th October 2019, 9:00am. For more information about this post, please contact Sue McCannon 0161 622 3210 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in History or relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Successfully leading an initiative /curricular development
Putting well developed interpersonal skills to good use
Leading on an aspect of staff/team development
Successful teaching History at Key Stages 3 and 4
Monitoring and assessment procedures in History
Enthusing and motivating students and colleagues
Maintaining good order and discipline among students
Communicating effectively with students, parents /carers and colleagues
Organisational and time management skills, including meeting regular deadlines
TLR2B (@1.9.19 £4,656) per year.
The school is committed to the principle of pay portability
Contract Type: Full-time, 1265hrs, 195 days, Teachers’ Pay and Conditions.
Contract term: Permanent.
Contract Start Date: 1st January 2020.
About The Radclyffe School
The Radclyffe School is a popular 11-16 maintained Foundation (Co-operative) Trust school in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham. The Governing Body has direct responsibility for the employment of staff, its finances, the running of the school and the outcomes it achieves. It is a larger than average secondary school with 1500 mixed gender students on roll. The school is full in every year group. Over 70% of students are from ethnic minority backgrounds, most of whom are of Pakistani or Bangladeshi heritage. Some 30% of students qualify for free school meals or a clothing grant to help with the purchase of school uniform. We are proud that in an Ofsted inspection in November 2015, we were judged to be an Outstanding School, Outstanding in every category.
- Hunt Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 0LS
- LA Maintained School
- The Radclyffe School website (opens in a new window)