|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,000 to £46,000|
Purpose of Post
To be responsible for the academic progress, welfare and behaviour of students within their house.
The post holder will be responsible to the Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral)
Core responsibilities and duties
• To ensure that students are able to achieve the best possible outcomes and feel happy and safe at school
• To ensure that all students in the house are making good academic progress
• To ensure the effective personal development and welfare of students within the house
• Promote high expectations and our school values amongst students.
• Promote equality and enable the educational and social inclusion of all students.
• To lead a team of tutors, ensuring that all aspects of their duties are carried out effectively
Associated responsibilities and activities
• Identify and support vulnerable students within the house organising extra or personalised support where necessary.
• Oversee the work of House Captains, Year Captains and School Council representatives within the house.
• Provide leadership, vision and common purpose for students in all aspects of social development and pastoral care of students within the house.
• Encourage positive attitudes to the school community, learning and attendance.
• Liaise with colleagues and external agencies on matters of student welfare and attendance.
Students: Behaviour and Discipline
• Promote our recognition and reward systems to acknowledge and promote caring contributions to the school community, good attendance and behaviour.
• Support students in fulfilling the expectations of our behavioural systems.
• Embody pastoral care at Furze Platt Senior School; be a point of contact for pupils, parents and carers.
• Liaise with colleagues to ensure appropriate support and interventions for students within the house.
• Liaise with colleagues including SLT, Pastoral Team, Tutors, Heads of Department, Learning Support, and Outside Agencies to ensure students have an effective and positive education at Furze Platt Senior School.
• Lead meetings and participate in events linked to the Head of House role.
Staff: Support and Professional Development
• Support new staff within house tutor teams.
• Contribute to the professional development of colleagues with regard to pastoral care.
• Contribute to the performance management of staff within tutor teams as required by school policy.
• Disseminate information which may improve the support of students.
• Track data for academic progress, attendance and welfare concerns in order to provide timely and effective support for students.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date centrally-held individual records of students.
• Produce analysis of data on academic progress, welfare, behaviour and attendance of students.
• Produce reports and references, as required.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Right to work in UK essential
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching required.
Would you like to be part of a rapidly expanding school as well as enjoy the benefits of a new state-of-the-art three storey block and the prospect of using a new hall equipped for sports, theatre productions and much more?
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Teacher who is keen to join our team of eight Heads of House and assume responsibility for the academic progress, welfare and behaviour of students within an allocated House. We believe our Heads of House play a key role in ensuring that our students feel happy and safe at school enabling them to achieve their maximum potential. As head of House you will play an important role in leading a team of tutors and supporting them in carrying out their role.
Furze Platt is a highly successful mixed comprehensive school serving the children of Maidenhead. At Furze Platt, 1400 boys and girls of all abilities develop the skills and qualities to enable them to excel in the future. We are a highly ambitious, high-achieving and fully inclusive school in which our students are challenged and supported to achieve excellence. We are well placed for access, with good transport links to and from London and surrounding counties. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we enter the second year of access to phase one of an on-site expansion project, the building of a state-of-the-art three-storey teaching block incorporating science laboratories, classrooms, additional staff rooms and a meeting room. We will also be near to completion of the building of a new hall/theatre which will be used by the school and the local community.
We want our students to enjoy the time they spend with us by providing an education which is broad, stimulating and rewarding. We also believe passionately in music, drama, the arts and sport and have a Dance studio, two Drama studios, a recording studio and practice rooms and an all-weather astro-turf to support these. We are proud of the range of extra-curricular opportunities we provide for students outside of the classroom including Duke of Edinburgh, ski and theatre trips, visits overseas to enhance language skills and historical knowledge and many others.
We offer a friendly and harmonious campus atmosphere, with fantastic line support and a Senior Leadership Team who genuinely want to see you succeed and develop. Career opportunities allowing you to grow professionally within Furze Platt include working parties and coaching for experienced teachers and leadership training for aspiring and existing middle and senior leaders.
There are excellent on-site facilities including use of a recently installed gym, your own laptop, student laptops and interactive whiteboards. As well as access to an employee advice service providing information, helpful resources and other services, there will be invitations to whole school social events such as our Christmas party, and other gatherings to celebrate success, and freshly brewed coffee is ready for you during break-time!More on how to apply
|School size||1348 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Furze Platt Senior School website (opens in a new window)|
About Furze Platt Senior School
Furze Platt Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7NQ