English, Humanities, Mathematics, Science
M1 - UPS3
Head of House – Secondary Phase
Start date: September 2021
Salary Scale: Main Scale + TLR 1D
Reports to: Head of Academy and Deputy Head of Academy
Are you an inspirational and determined leader looking for a new challenge? Do you have the leadership skills and personality required to motivate and energise students? Are you passionate about pastoral care and helping pupils become responsible young adults? Are you determined that all students within your care will reach their full potential? Do you have a clear understanding of the importance of pupil safeguarding?
For September 2021 we are seeking to appoint an ambitious, charismatic, and innovative Head of House to drive excellent academic outcomes and provide outstanding pastoral care. You will be passionate about education and how pastoral care and academic achievement can enrich the lives of our students. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established pastoral team and contribute to the development of an Academy that provides a first class education for all of its learners.
We are looking for an inspirational Head of House who puts children at the heart of everything that they do, who wants to influence and drive the future development of pupils’ education and who can demonstrate our ‘Hearts’ values and embrace ‘The Washwood Way’.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
• A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
• A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
• A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
• Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
• A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
• Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• Onsite parking
• A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
This post is suitable for a colleague with QTS looking to take on the challenge of a leadership role within the area of pastoral care or someone who is already an established Head of House/Year but is looking for a new challenge. If you believe you have the experience, vision and drive required for this role then we would like to hear from you.
The ability to offer one of the following subjects would be advantageous: English, Maths, Science, History
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1621 pupils enrolled
4 to 18
About Washwood Heath Academy
Washwood Heath is an incredibly unique and special community. We are looking for an ambitious Head of House to support the Academy through the next stages of our journey to Outstanding. As a Head of House you will have the ability to lead others, to continue to invest fully in the personal, academic, and cultural capital of all pupils providing them with a range of experiences and knowledge in order that they can engage with all sections of society and community, academically, intellectually and socially.
We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community.
Arranging a visit to Washwood Heath Academy
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Dawn Murtagh (PA to Head of Academy at: email@example.com