Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,714 to £41,604 plus TLR 1.2 £10,200
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and dedicated Head of Faculty and RE teacher to lead our established Humanities faculty. Passion, determination, and a focus to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across keys stages 3, 4 and 5.
It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a dynamic and rapidly improving school with a drive for higher standards.
You will have a proven track record with improving progress and raising achievement at all levels and will strive to give students exciting and challenging curriculum opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of RE and wider curriculum developments.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of teaching RE across key stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Passion and dedication in delivering high standards.
- Experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Ability to implement strategies to meet school development targets.
- Outstanding teaching and learning practice, with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- The desire to have a positive impact on students’ lives.
- The ability to articulate a clear vision for Humanities subjects at Carterton Community College.
- Leadership ability and a commitment to improving performance at all levels.
- Strategies to create High standards of achievement and behaviour in the faculty and around school.
- They are able to and lead elements of whole school improvement.
- A supportive and positive environment with a culture of high aspirations.
- Continuous professional development to further your potential.
- A well-resourced department, complete with high quality Chromebooks.
- Friendly and welcoming students; a culture based on shared values; committed and professional colleagues.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
562 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Carterton Community College
Carterton Community College is a rural college, with real sense of community, bordering the Cotswolds and within easy commuting distance Oxford, Cheltenham Swindon.
Arranging a visit to Carterton Community College
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Further details and an application form can be found on the school’s website or TES website.