The Hyndburn Academy was recently rated Good in all areas by Ofsted. We are proud to be part of United Learning, and work closely with our sister schools Accrington Academy and Marsden Heights Community College.
The Hyndburn Academy has ambitious plans for its students and staff. Over the next few years, we are aiming to rapidly transform into the successful school our fantastic students deserve.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of Humanities from April or September 2023, preferably be a specialist in RE or Geography. The successful applicant must have the drive and desire to be consistently outstanding. You will be someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them. You will be passionate about your subject and will inspire our students to be so as well.
As a Head of Department, you will join our Middle Leadership Team and take responsibility for standards in Humanities working alongside an Assistant Head Teacher.
Our staff are committed to enhancing their skills through coaching, Teaching and Learning and using evidence-based approaches to create expert lessons. We are currently using the Rosenshine principles and Teach Like A Champion to underpin our professional development.
The successful candidate must:
- Someone who is passionate about Humanities subjects and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
- Preferably an RE or Geography specialist
- Perfected skills, in securing outstanding progress and attainment with all groups, particularly at KS3 and KS4.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Evidence of good to outstanding teaching and results.
- Excellent leadership skills and competencies
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
In return we are offering a highly attractive salary, along with the benefits of being part of United Learning, opportunities to share good practice and collaborate with colleagues across every phase of education.
Tours of the school: Tours are available between 4.00pm and 5.00pm Tuesdays. Please contact Angela.Eames@hyndburnacademy.org.uk to book a place.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 3rd February 2023
Interviews: W.C 6th February 2023
This job post has expired.