Leadership Spine - competitive
Role: Head of Inclusion
Start: 1st September 2020
Salary: Leadership Spine competitive
Closing Date: Friday 10th July, noon
East Midlands Academy Trust are looking to appoint a Head of Inclusion based at Northampton International Academy. This is an exciting time to join EMAT as it continues to grow with a whole trust purpose of “every child deserves to be the best that they can be”.
The successful candidate will head an alternative education department offering a range of services to support pupils with both short term and long term needs. They will be proactive in the strategic development of the service range reflecting the needs of all stakeholders as well as reflective in their approach to challenges. You will work alongside the central team and senior leadership teams to provide support and be heavily involved with the day to day life of the setting.
The role will include:
• Liaising directly with the pastoral team, working closely with SLT colleagues to ensure smooth transition into and out of the pupil’s main school.
• Manage and/or implement bespoke behaviour intervention and reflection/recovery programmes for pupils including those with Special Educational Needs.
• Report to the Headteachers regarding progress of students in the provision using agreed progress measures.
• Work in partnership with the pastoral teams and other stake holders to ensure best outcomes for pupils.
• Contribute to the development of the educational system by, for example sharing effective practice, working with other academies and promoting Trust initiatives.
The successful candidate will have
• Successful leadership and management experience in a school
• Evidence of whole school responsibilities
• Experience of turning policy into effective practice
• Leadership of an area or phase including responsibility for raising standards across the whole school
• Senior leadership in an alternative education/SEMH provision is desirable.
As part of the Trust we offer a wide range of employee benefits
• Continuous professional development and training opportunities
• Dedicated support from our School Improvement Team
• Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
• A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
• A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• A corporate eye care plan
Please visit our website www.emat.uk to download an application for. For more information please contact Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, references and other checks.
Applying for the job
Please download an application from our website and return with a supporting letter to email@example.com. For enquiries regarding this role please call Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281More on how to apply
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1349 pupils enrolled
4 to 18
About Northampton International Academy
NIA is one of the UK’s fastest growing schools. From September, we will have EYFS to year 3, years 7 through to 10 and our first year 12 intake. By 2021, we will have over 2,200 pupils, making us one of the largest free schools in the UK.
Arranging a visit to Northampton International Academy
Unfortunately we are unable to welcome visitors to any of our schools at present due to COVID-19 but you will find virtual tours on our websites
Barrack Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1AA