Head of Innovations (Design Technology / Food & Textiles)
Rushcliffe School, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,372 to £40,490|
Post Title: Head of Innovations
Pay Scale: Main scale plus TLR 1B £9,662
Start date: September 2020
Position Type: Full time
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at www.satrust.com/vacancies
Rushcliffe School is a highly successful 11-18 comprehensive school located in West Bridgford, Nottingham. In 2014, Rushcliffe was judged outstanding in all areas by Ofsted and, in 2015, awarded a World Class Schools Quality Mark. Furthermore, in 2016, Rushcliffe was nominated as Secondary School of the Year in the TES awards.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and dedicated Head of Innovations who has the ability to push the boundaries of Learning and Teaching. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a dynamic and forward thinking team who are focused on developing exciting and engaging learning experiences for students across the 11-19 age range.
Rushcliffe is a popular and successful school in a pleasant, suburban area of Nottingham. It has a strong tradition of pastoral care, academic success and extra-curricular enrichment. We are committed to providing high quality training and development opportunities for all staff. You will be provided with regular opportunities to work in partnership with others to develop your own practice and skills.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. We have a successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. The Trust mission statement reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 17 schools (8 Secondary and 9 Primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire:
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
• All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
• Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
• We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact the school office
In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.
The Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This post may be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date Monday 9th March 2020, 9am
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teaching Status
Essential skills and experience
- Can lead strategies which maximise achievement of all pupils in Innovations.
- Can take responsibility for the implementation and development of the Innovations curriculum and lead the development of schemes of learning.
- Able to working to the budgets determined by the school to resource courses and equip teaching areas.
- Able to inform teaching staff and SLT of all curriculum developments and to advise on schemes of learning and teaching methods.
-To ensure that the curriculum in the department is implemented in accordance with the agreed faculty policy and in line with the values of the school.
- Able to manage assessment recording and reporting for the subject.
- To have responsibility for the management and behaviour in line with school expectations of pupils when in the department.
-Will be well informed about developments in Education.
- Will promote a positive image of Rushcliffe school and their core values.
TLR payment, Teachers Pension, Perkbox.More on how to apply
|School size||1680 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Rushcliffe School website (opens in a new window)|
Boundary Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 7BW