Job Title: Head of Kitchen
Salary: Grade/ SP 6 - 10
Working Arrangements: 32 hours 30 minutes / 39 weeks per year
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 15:00 pm (includes 30 minutes unpaid break)
We are looking for a Head of Kitchen to join our friendly team at Chalk Hill Academy. This is a rewarding position, working with a close-knit school team to support our small alternative boarding provision catering for boys aged 8 to 14. Preparing & serving lunch, snacks & supper for approx 15 to 20 pupils & staff, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen, ordering & stock control. There is a 3-week menu cycle following school food standard guidelines which change seasonally 3 times a year, but with scope to add your own touch of flair.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Plan, prepare, cook and serve food in accordance with agreed
menus to meet specifications and standards as defined by the SENDAT Catering
- Create and vary dishes as agreed with the SENDAT Catering
Manager and Headteacher/Head of School, to cater for special local events and
traditions and to provide innovative and attractive menus.
- Ensure that all food provided by the SENDAT catering service
on-site meets the dietary requirements of the staff and students.
- Promote effective waste management within dining rooms and
kitchens on all sites.
- Work in close co-operation with the SENDAT Catering Manager
and Headteacher/Head of School to ensure that any significant issues are
addressed without delay.
- Keep abreast of new initiatives, systems and regulations
through regular training.
The Special Educational Needs and Academies Trust (SENDAT)
is a Multi Academy Trust focusing on specialist provision and special schools.
Its core aim is to provide for the continuum of special needs across the
As part of the SENDAT, we offer:
- Staff wellbeing day – can be taken at any point throughout
- Access to a wide range of in person and online CPD
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and welfare assistance package with Simply Health,
provides financial support with some things like eye tests, and therapies
- Opportunities to participate in Outdoor Learning
activities including Duke of Edinburgh and Scouting schemes
- Annual subsidised staff residential activity weekend in
- Flexibility in start and finish time where possible
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare
of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and
volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.
SENDAT – welcoming diversity.
This job post has expired.