- MPS - UPS and TLR 2.2 (£4750 p/a) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Head of Languages job summary
Permanent, full time, permanent to start in September 2022
MPS - UPS and TLR 2.2 (£4750 p/a) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
The Trust is currently recruiting for inspirational, dynamic and conscientious Head of Languages to join the team at Montpellier High School. The successful applicant would be an innovative teacher who possesses a genuine love for languages and would need to be proficient in either Spanish or French or preferably in both languages. We are especially interested in applicants with the knowledge of Arabic and experience of home language coordination. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent teaching record, an inclusive approach and commitment to fostering love of learning and love for languages.
You will be:
An experienced teacher who can inspire, influence, and who:
• Has a great teaching experience with clear evidence of development in languages department to improve student experience and outcomes
• Has high expectations and empathy for all pupils so they develop a love of learning, strong sense of belonging, aspirations and a belief in all possibilities
• Has an understanding of high quality teaching and learning to raise standards and deliver positive outcomes for all students
• Is passionate about the opportunities the curriculum can bring to all students
• Can demonstrate behaviours consistent with the trust’s values
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• An exciting and vibrant environment, which includes a fabulous outdoor space, in which to work.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, resilient, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Montpelier High School then we would love to receive an application from you.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2022 at 9:00 Interviews: Week commencing 23rd May 2022
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Montpelier High School is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
Applying for the job
Please complete a VT Teacher Application formDownload an application form - 158 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Montpelier High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 925 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Montpelier High School is one of the finest schools for girls in Bristol. We accept girls of all talents and abilities and pride ourselves on being culturally diverse, welcoming students of all faiths and backgrounds.
Quality teaching and an inspired curriculum have ensured our place as the highest attaining non-selective school in the South West and our long history of outstanding achievement. Since 1891 generations of students, staff and parents have been proud to be a part of this vibrant, caring and highly successful learning community.
Our students are taught to be independent, curious and resourceful in their learning, to seek knowledge and opportunities and to achieve more than they ever thought possible. They are supported in their learning through the very best personalised teaching while mutual respect and responsibility lie at the heart of the school.
We have created a challenging, engaging and values led curriculum which focuses on the characteristics and habits that last a lifetime – curiosity, creativity, confidence, ambition, resilience, optimism, responsibility and emotional intelligence.
The curriculum is enriched through Foreign Languages, Music, Sport and Drama and extended by way of numerous clubs and societies designed to stimulate and nourish intellectual curiosity.
Girls are encouraged to take on leadership roles, to actively seek to shape their own future and that of the school.
We are academically ambitious for each and every girl, but more importantly want them to grow as happy and fulfilled young women ready to lead and succeed in their chosen path, whatever that may be.