We are seeking an enthusiastic Head of Maths to join our ambitious, research-informed school in north Bristol. Orchard is a good school, on an exciting trajectory to become the exceptional provision our community deserves.
We are looking for a Head of Maths to lead an outstanding team of practitioners who are dedicated and passionate practitioners, committed to enthusing young people, developing confidence in maths and a love of the subject. We want to challenge and stretch you, providing opportunities to develop your career in a school which values staff wellbeing.
We look to research and evidence-informed practice for our approaches. We don’t believe in fads – you won’t find ‘triple impact marking’ here or lollipop sticks! Instead, you’ll be part of a school and a Trust which takes the continuing professional development of staff very seriously, offering excellent CPLD and incremental coaching for all staff. Orchard School is the Bristol Chartered College of Teaching Hub for the area, we fund membership of the CCT for all teachers, and we engage in CPD across Bristol and nationally, encouraging all our leaders through their National Professional Qualifications. We want to support your development as a leader, so you can learn and grow with us.
We are building success on our core ORCHARD values of being: Open-minded, Respectful, Creative & Curious, Healthy, Ambitious, Responsible and Determined. Our students are wonderful – they value our staff, knowing that you make a real difference to their lives. The mission statement of the school, “inspire today, empower for life”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. We place no limits on our aspirations for our students.
We are a friendly school, serving a richly diverse community. Applicants who speak one or more community languages are warmly encouraged to apply.
- an experienced Maths teacher, who has already worked as a Head of Maths or Second in Maths or other leadership role within a maths team in a secondary setting
- passionate about mathematics, able to unpick misconceptions from basic numeracy right through to GCSE grade 9 and beyond; you recognise the importance of developing mastery at Key Stage 3 in order to raise achievement at GCSE
- an outstanding, innovative and creative classroom practitioner, with a drive to lead an inspirational curriculum and teaching team
- able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students in lessons and staff in your team
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- a coach, able to deliver CPLD across the school
- keen to learn and share best practice as part of a vibrant team of middle leaders
TLR1b £10,199 per annum
Applying for the job
To apply please complete the Trust in Learning (Academies) application form. Please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully before applying.
Your letter of application should address how and why you feel that you are equipped to fulfil this role noting your personal values, attributes, your ability to lead others and your knowledge and experience to date. You should add this letter to the end of the Application Form.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
857 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Orchard School Bristol
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development, including the NPQML/SL as appropriate
- the opportunity to build a curriculum area and establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
Arranging a visit to Orchard School Bristol
We welcome applicants for this role who have proven results behind them. Please read our Staff Prospectus to find out more about us, and visit our website on www.orchardschoolbristol.co.uk. If you have any questions relating to this role, please contact Emma Snell, PA to the Headteacher on email@example.com