Head of Mathematics
HEAD OF MATHEMATICS
TLR 1b - £9,929 p.a.
Required for September 2020, earlier starts will be considered
Stratton Upper School is a fully comprehensive school with talented students and committed, highly motivated staff and is currently working closely with the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT). It is expected that Stratton will join CMAT in 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Mathematics. We have a firm vision to become a centre of excellence in the STEM subjects and are already well on the path to that goal. This is therefore an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher to contribute to that success.
Continual Professional Development is given a high priority and the successful candidate can be assured they will receive exemplary induction and support in their new role. We are committed to supporting our staff in the pursuit of their personal career goals.
You will be able to take advantage of:
• An enthusiastic student body keen to engage with learning;
• Excellent CPD provision;
• The support of enthusiastic and welcoming colleagues;
• An environment in which creativity and innovation are welcomed.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 27th March 2020.
Application forms and covering letters to be sent to email@example.com
Requests for tours of the school are welcomed.
The school reserve the right to appoint before the application deadline.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant subject degree
Qualification as a teacher by means of a PGCE, or by the successful completion of any other recognised training route.
Essential skills and experience
• At least 2 years successful teaching experience
• Ability to teach all the across key stages 3 and 4
• Participation in your own professional development and general school improvement for instance via mentoring of other teachers, delivering CPD to groups of teachers, participation in school working groups
• Developing schemes of work and teaching resources
• Subject curriculum development
• Positive actions to make lessons and learning inclusive
• Commitment to developing Thinking Skills, Assessment for Learning, and improving practice
• Valuing every individual.
• Committed to comprehensive and inclusive education.
• A demonstrable commitment to the principle that Every Child Matters
TLR 1B - £9,929 p.a.
About Stratton Upper School
Stratton is a thriving Upper School with around 1,000 students on roll. The school has grown considerably in recent years; it is popular with the local community and includes over 250 students in the Sixth Form. In many respects we are a true comprehensive school with a full ability range. As the only education provider in the town, our challenge is to move effortlessly between preparing Yr13 students for top universities to working with students who without our support could have rejected the concept of education. Our students are our best advertisement, although closely followed by the dedication of our staff.
- Eagle Farm Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 8JB
- Stratton Upper School website (opens in a new window)