We wish to appoint a Head of Mathematics (Subject Leader) and are seeking a hard-working and committed person with drive, enthusiasm and inspiration who will make a valuable contribution to the school and its achievements. This role would involve leading a large team of subject specialists. We are seeking outstanding candidates with strong leadership and ability to challenge individuals and provide effective support to colleagues, which will enable the school to achieve the best possible outcomes for all pupils.
• Be an outstanding teacher who delivers engaging, purposeful and creative lessons.
• High quality degree in mathematics or equivalent.
• A leader who is tenacious and aspirational for themselves and others.
• Knowledge of current research in approaches to learning, teaching and the curriculum.
• Evidence of successful teaching to GCSE and A level.
• Passionate in securing the best outcomes for all pupils.
• An unwavering commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of all pupils.
• A team player who inspires others and is unceasingly optimistic.
TLR 1.2 (£10201)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic
1306 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School
Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School is a thriving and vibrant Specialist Sports College and a leading school in the local area. Our vision and ethos is underpinned by excellence as reflected in our motto of Respect, Believe, Achieve. Our teaching and learning practices are informed by cognitive science and proven strategies which have a positive impact of pupils’ progress.
Arranging a visit to Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School
Visits can be arranged in advance of the shortlisting, but a tour of the school will be provided as part of the interview process.
If visit is required, government guidelines are to be adhered to.