For this role:
- Essential Is a qualified teacher with qualified teacher status
- Evidence of relevant CPD
- Has a clear philosophy for the education of young people
- Possesses leadership and management skills and the personal qualities to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Inspires confidence and trust, is approachable, shows integrity and care for others
- Can demonstrate experience of: Thinking strategically, Leading and bringing about effective school improvement, Implementing and managing change
- Has strength of subject knowledge and expertise to be able to develop an excellent curriculum at KS3/4/5 for Maths
- Has knowledge and expertise in effective assessment and tracking of all key skills in Maths
- Can demonstrate experience of: Focusing on pupil’s achievement using data and benchmarking to monitor progress for every child Monitoring, evaluating and improving teaching and learning
- Can act as a role model and mentor to support the development of the most effective teaching and learning strategies
- Has knowledge and experience of whole school quality assurance processes and systems
- Can communicate well and explain ideas clearly
- Has an understanding of the role progress data plays in school planning and the ability to develop the school use of data
- Can demonstrate experience of: Leading staff development and CPD on areas of expertise
- Is able to articulate core values of the school within the community
- Is able to set up an appropriate work/life balance and model it to staff
- Can demonstrate experience of: Working effectively with parents Building effective relationships with the community and other schools Desirable Experience in a Special School Setting Experience of building and communicating a coherent, compelling vision at a departmental level
- Experience of teaching and learning strategies appropriate for special school setting
We require someone who will share our passion and ambition to provide an excellent education to our students who are engaging and rewarding to work with. As school leaders, we see our role as enabling you to be your best self in the classroom and develop as a teacher. As the expert in your field, our role is to ensure you have the very best conditions to get the very best from our students. We believe in fostering a supportive approach and have an open door policy for all staff.
We have a strong commitment to staff wellbeing and see work/life balance as a vital element to a fulfilling career. You will receive ongoing support and CPD opportunities across the school and wider TKAT family.
You will find our school has a thoroughly inclusive approach to all we do, celebrating varied successes of individuals and groups regularly. Together, working in partnership with parents and carers, we successfully foster and develop a positive attitude in our young people and a belief in achieving beyond their expectations. The school is particularly distinctive from existing local provisions as it works in dual partnership with its co-located mainstream school, Cleeve Park, wherever possible to maximise inclusivity of SEN students to mainstream education and providing access to mainstream teaching and shared facilities. Staff also benefit from partnership working and shared professional development.
Cleeve Meadow aims to ensure that all students have the maximum opportunity to participate fully in society to enhance their life chances. The support and guidance students receive from staff will give them the confidence to learn independently and strive to achieve. The school aims to be a centre of excellence for its students, parents/carers, staff, local authorities and the wider community.
As a subject lead, you will lead on Maths delivery, subject development, training and assessment and tracking. You will also have the opportunity to play a role in the development of the school curriculum vision, as we continue our exciting journey towards being full at all key stages. We are looking for an experienced Maths specialist who can work with us to ensure the best possible teaching in Maths through an inspiring and relevant curriculum and a focus on skills for life. We are also interested in hearing from leaders with an experience of planning a whole school approach to developing functional maths skills. If you are seeking to be an inspirational and innovative leader who can motivate and inspire students and really make a difference, then Cleeve Meadow is for you.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
This job post has expired.