Head of Maths
Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy, Slough, Berkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
To promote the highest possible achievement of students in Maths through consistently high quality teaching and effective line management.
• To ensure that students make progress equivalent to or better than expected on the basis of prior attainment data
• To ensure that students’ progress is monitored and that appropriate measures are taken to address underachievement of groups and individuals
• To ensure effective learning takes place through consistent, high quality teaching.
• To contribute to curriculum review to ensure it remains relevant in our changing world
• To demonstrate achievement of Teachers’ Standards.
• To support and make a positive contribution to the STEM agenda
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level in a Maths subject.
Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
1. Good written and oral communication skills.
2. Ability to foster a positive classroom ethos which motivates students to achieve their potential.
3. Able to make learning stimulating and motivating for students
4. Able to plan effectively and organise time and resources.
5. Able to foster excellent relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
6. Good communication, administration and organisational skills.
7. Able to create a challenging and effective learning environment for students.
8. Recognition and understanding of the importance of an effective partnership with parents.
9. An interest and knowledge in developing the use of ICT as a learning tool in Maths teaching.
10. Understanding of the need for the school to play a full part in the community.
Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Spine (Up to £41,634)
TLR 1a (£8,069)
TLR 1a £8,069More on how to apply
- Advert Head of Maths April 2020.doc  0.09 MB
|School type||Free School,|
|School size||619 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy
Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy is a vibrant, growing new school close to the centre of Slough. New state of the art and purpose built facilities, provide an outstanding learning environment in which to deliver an exciting curriculum and broader learning opportunities. We aim to ensure that everyone in the school is able to achieve academic success and, discover new skills and talents.Through our developing partnerships with the local community, organisations and businesses, students will develop the enterprise skills needed to be well equipped for the world of work in the 21st century.
We want our learners to be happy, confident and to have high aspirations.
Stoke Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5AY