Plympton Academy is seeking to appoint a dynamic and strategic Head of Maths to lead our Maths department. You will join our team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years7 -13. You will be passionate about maths and the development of maths pedagogy and curriculum.
As Head of Maths you will lead by example, develop, inspire and motivate their team and be committed to achieving high standards. This person will be looking to enable our young people to achieve their very best. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding teacher who is now looking for promotion to Head of Department in a supportive and successful Academy or for an established Head of Maths looking to continue the improvement journey that this department has already successfully started.
The candidate should be an outstanding classroom practitioner, have enthusiasm for their subject and be capable of teaching History across our full age and ability range including the Sixth Form. Candidates should preferably have previous experience in a position of responsibility, or be able to demonstrate a proven record of experience and achievement.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to your subject
- Be able to deliver consistently good or outstanding practice
- To collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- To raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- To coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for your subject
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
Plympton Academy is a thriving school on an exciting journey where there is a commitment to support all members of the Academy community who continually strive to achieve the best. We are excited that substantial redevelopments to the Academy’s campus will provide first class, inspirational learning environments to match the commitment of both students and staff.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation, you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com
This job post has expired.