Head of Maths
We are seeking to appoint a curriculum lead with vision and determination to lead. We are looking for an individual who is aspirational for self and others, energetic and driven to ensure that our students attain outstanding outcomes at all three key stages.
The successful candidate will have:
• Key leadership skills
• Excellent understanding of exam board requirements at both GCSE and A level
• Appropriate subject related degree and teaching qualifications
• Excellent organisational skills
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant degree – 1st class/2:1
• Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Leadership accountability for raising standards
• Passion for the subject
• Model leadership behaviours
• Initiative and creativity
• Desire to lead and contribute to outstanding leadership.
• Willing to respect and support the Catholic ethos of the school.
About St Cuthbert's High School
St Cuthbert's Catholic High School is an outstanding all boys non selective school located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England. 'Work hard and become a leader' (Proverbs 12 verse 24) is our mantra and since 1881 we have been empowering young men to take their place in society. The school prides itself on encouraging boys to aspire to excellence and leadership in everything they do. A challenging curriculum sits alongside stimulating and enriching extra curricular activities. Our students are curious, confident, conscientious and successful communicators. The school ranks amongst the highest attaining state schools in the country with a reputation for outstanding results.
- Gretna Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE15 7PX
- St Cuthbert's High School website (opens in a new window)