Head of Media Studies
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a talented and passionate Head of Media Studies. At our Academy, we are extremely proud of the excellent education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership and encouraging and enthusiastic staff body who work tirelessly to see you succeed.
We are seeking a Head of Media Studies who is a strong and capable leader. You will have responsibility for leading your department, focusing on student attainment and making continuous progress in your field. In addition, you will bring your lessons to life, engaging students across Year 9, Key Stage 4 and 5. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting learning and have high expectations for all students. .
As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of driven and ambitious teachers that join us and have been given excellent CPD and developmental opportunities that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
• Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students
• Adhere to the Academy’s procedures for recording, monitoring, analyzing and acting upon a range of data
• Keep abreast of national developments, curriculum innovation and resources for learning
• Provide sound financial management of departmental budget
• Motivate subject staff (teaching and support) and create a highly effective team
The successful candidate will have:
• Demonstrable impact on raising attainment
• Some experience on managing the work of others
• Experience of using data information to inform target setting and planning
• Ability to work as part of, and contribute to a whole school multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to deliver consistently high quality lessons.
• Start Date: ASAP / Easter 2020
• Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale £24,373 - £40,490 (dependent on experience)
+ TLR 2b - £4,657
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Demonstrable impact on raising achievement.
Some experience of managing the work of others.
Experience of using performance data to inform target setting and planning.
Able to use IT to support both the curriculum and work organisation.
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
About The Stockwood Park Academy
- Rotheram Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP
- The Stockwood Park Academy website (opens in a new window)