Head of MFL
19 days remaining to apply
Start date details
18 June 2023 at 11:59pm
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Provide strategic leadership and management of the department to ensure continuous improvement and development.
- Lead and manage the department and teachers within it on a day-to-day basis
- To line manage the EAL Coordinator
- Take a leading role in the delivery of the curriculum and be an exemplar of best practice in the department
- Represent the department at Raising Standards meetings
- To work with the Leadership Team and outside agencies to further develop the practice of the department
- Monitor, evaluate and review the work of the department in line with school policies to ensure continuous improvement of standards
- To administer the performance management review of each member of the department in line with the school’s Performance Management Policy. Undertake the management of staff within the Department, including induction, interviews, training, development and career management and day-to-day management matters, such as leave of absence, sick leave, etc. and referring where required to the HR Manager or Headteacher
- To liaise with the Academy’s HR Manager with any staffing issues
- To liaise with the Academy’s Finance Team in order to ensure the effective management of all department finances
- To implement, monitor and review the department self-evaluation and contribute to the whole school evaluation (SEF)
- Ensure consistent formative assessment/marking of all pupil work and to carry out standardisation and moderation of pupil’s work
- Use pupil data to set and monitor targets in order to ensure progression
What the school offers its staff
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 202 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Lawn Manor Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 823 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Lawn Manor Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Lawn Manor Academy is a rewarding and friendly environment to work in with staff who always put the children first and are dedicated to ‘Inspiring and Creating Futures for All’. The school itself has undergone a period of rapid change over the last few years and this post is an opportunity to shape the school as we enter our next chapter. Our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) are an established team consisting of Headteacher, two Deputy Headteachers and three Assistant Headteachers.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon