North Birmingham Academy is excited to recruit an inspiring Head of MFL, with a proven track record of delivering high quality education for students.
It is important that you share the same vision of ‘opening minds, opening doors’ for all our students. As part of E-ACT, we are passionate about ensuring all of our students are educated to a high standard and experience outstanding opportunities, no matter their background.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar setting with the ability to demonstrate how their MFL skills have made a difference in students’ achievement and staff development. Our Head of MFL needs to be passionate, dynamic and driven, to achieve high standards for our academy, not only for our students and staff, but for our parents/carers and local community.
North Birmingham Academy is a truly inspirational secondary school to be part of, with phenomenal staff and students. We are seeking a leader who can join us on the rest of our journey to outstanding.
Our most recent Ofsted highlighted:
‘The school is ambitious for every pupil, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)…The school has set high expectations of students’ conduct. Students rise to this and behave well…School staff value leaders’ concern for their well-being and the management of their workload. They feel well supported by the school and the trust.’
Our Head of MFL will provide day to day leadership for the department and be accountable for the quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes, ensuring they are in line with the Academy’s Improvement Plan.
Reporting to SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Leading, managing and developing the subject area
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area.
- Identify areas for development and improvement linked to the Academy Improvement Plan, SEF, national and local initiatives.
- Develop and monitor medium term plans for your area across the academy, in liaison with your department and to ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
- Have an overview of, and contribute to the planning and delivery of continuous professional development and training related to your area.
- Monitor and evaluate pupil progress and achievement against targets in your area.
- Liaise with colleagues to identify and co-ordinate pupil support and intervention strategies
People Development and Management
Workforce planning for current and future demands to ensure sufficient, appropriately trained staff are available to effectively perform day-to-day requirements and manage periods of peak work volumes to meet KPIs.
- Actively lead and participate in the recruitment and selection process of new team members.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff including overseeing new employee onboarding, agreeing objectives, performance management, appraisal and career planning and identify CPD needs and opportunities.
- Consciously create a spirit of teamwork amongst department members that promotes E-ACT values and policies, challenging unacceptable behaviours and addressing conflicts swiftly, instigating relevant procedures such as capability, disciplinary and grievance.
Part of the E-ACT family:
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more about E-ACT: www.e-act.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.