- MPS/UPS + TLR
Head of Modern Foreign Languages job summary
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated Languages curriculum for students.
• To lead, facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To ensure high levels of attainment and progress in Languages.
• To teach Languages to the full range of abilities from Years 7 to 11.
• To assist the College in challenging under-achievement with a particular focus on those who are disadvantaged.
• To carry out any other specific duty assigned by the Principal or her appointed representative.
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended. We reserve the right to interview earlier than the stated vacancy closure date should we receive candidates who are suitable for the vacancy. The Good Shepherd Trust application form must be completed in order for a candidate to considered. No CVs will be accepted.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this
commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
There is a TLR attached to this role to reflect its additional responsibilities.
Advantages of working at Christ’s College:
• There is a real sense of belonging, camaraderie and mutual respect amongst the whole community
• The parents and governors are very supportive of the College and appreciative of the work we are doing
• The children want to do their best and will work hard as they respect their teachers’ knowledge and commitment
• The staff are dedicated, skilful and hard-working
• There are good opportunities for internal promotion in a growing school which has a tradition of acknowledging and rewarding hard work
• There are excellent opportunities for external promotion
• As a relatively small school which offers a full suite of extra-curricular activities, it is easy to be involved in a wide range of enrichment activities in Sport, Performing Arts and elsewhere.
Applying for the job
Only applications using the Teaching Application form on the school website will be considered. No CVs will be considered.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.