Key characteristics of the role include:
- to impart your passion for Modern Foreign
Languages to the pupils you teach, whilst also ensuring their mastery of the
- to lead the planning and delivering schemes of
work for Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 within your department, and monitoring their
- to monitor the progress of pupils according to
the department and school assessment policy.
- to enhance the quality of teaching and
learning in the department by taking part in collaborative planning, sharing
resources, mentoring and observing teachers, and participating in continuing
- to be a form tutor, and work collaboratively
with your year group team.
- to contribute to the wider school life, such
as events, trips, and co-curricular clubs.
candidate will have:
- strong subject knowledge, a passion for Modern
Foreign Languages, and will enthuse staff, pupils and
parents with a love for language learning;
- the ability to lead the MFL team
with vision and enthusiasm;
- ability to model excellent
practice, leading the MFL team by example.
- a well-defined understanding of and
commitment to the ethos of the West London Free School.
- an ability to teach Modern Foreign Languages
at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 to all ability levels, including pupils with SEN;
- a proven track record of excellent Modern
Foreign Languages teaching and, where relevant, outstanding outcomes for pupils
at both GCSE and A-level;
- an understanding of the ethos of the West
London Free School, and a commitment to teaching a knowledge-based
- high expectations of pupil conduct and
- excellent team working skills;
- excellent communication skills with both
pupils and staff;
- a willingness to contribute to the school’s
People are at the
heart of our success. We look for talented and ambitious individuals who share
our vision for creating an exceptional school, and are committed to ensuring
that every child has access to the best possible education. Pursuing a career
at the WLFS also gives you the chance to work alongside a highly capable and committed
Senior Leadership team. Senior Leaders at WLFS all teach, pay due attention to
workload pressures and are highly visible ‘in the corridors’.
We have developed a positive and supportive
staff culture at the WLFS, and we invest in our staff with support, coaching
and mentoring as well as external training programmes. To that end, we offer:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Complimentary drinks
- Employee counselling
- Recommend a teacher bonus scheme
- Staff children have priority admission
into the school (after 2 years’ service)
- Season ticket travel loan
The WLFS has an enthusiastic
and committed Modern Foreign Languages Department, teaching both French and
Spanish at every year group in the school. At Key Stages 3 and 4, pupils have
three hours a week of either French or Spanish, according to their preference.
At KS5 we offer both French and Spanish, and students have six hours a week
plus speaking practice hours. The Department runs with six teachers, including one
member of SLT who teaches French. All speaking hours are delivered by full time
teachers as part of their weekly timetable allocation.
The Knowledge Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
This job post has expired.