The Manor Academy are looking to appoint a Head of Modern Foreign Languages to be instrumental in developing the vision of the department. The languages we offer are French and Spanish. This role will be responsible for developing the curriculum, supporting the practice of others and be an active part of our highly effective middle leadership team. As Head of Department, this role will take the lead in all aspects of learning and teaching in this curriculum area ensuring that students’ needs for all abilities are met and achievement and progress is positive.
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be passionate about languages. The post holder will be an experienced dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations.The person appointed will have a clear vision of what outstanding provision is and be able to inspire and enthuse others.This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to take the next step in their school leadership journey.
Why join us?
There are many reasons to choose The Two Counties Trust as a great place to start or continue your career.
We recognise the importance of a happy, healthy, rewarded and well-motivated workforce and as such we have developed our HR strategy to invest in our employees. We have removed appraisal and appraisal related pay progression, changing the focus from validation to professional growth and enabling all our employees to get better all the time.
We are fully committed to supporting your career and professional growth through a range of routes both within schools and across the Trust and we offer extensive professional learning opportunities for all employees.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
- An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
- We takethe wellbeing and health of employees seriously. We have a range of support mechanisms and benefits available to employees and the Trust has signed up to the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in Regulated Activity relevant to children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure with a children’s barred list check, two satisfactory references and completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates with a disability who meet the essential job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
This job post has expired.