- Leadership Spine, Point 3-5
Head of Modern Foreign Languages job summary
Head of Faculty Modern Foreign Languages
Leadership Scale 3 – 5 (£44,331 – £46,566)
Required September 2022 or January 2023
“A good school where all leaders and managers have high ambitions for the students, ensuring every student has the opportunity to achieve as well as they can” – Ofsted 2015.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate and highly motivated individual who will contribute to the continued improvements in the MFL Faculty results in recent years. The appointed person will join an ambitious and successful MFL Faculty and be supported by a team of experienced teachers. The curriculum currently delivers French and Spanish and supports exam entry to other languages dependent on student ability and background.
The Academy is seeking to appoint;
• An outstanding practitioner and leader who is ready for the next step to further develop their leadership skills with ambitions to progress to into Senior Leadership in the future.
• The position is suitable for an experienced practitioner with proven track record to enthuse and guide a proactive Faculty.
• A dynamic and inspiring leader to work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team to enthuse students about Modern Foreign Languages and with the ability to work effectively as part of a team within the Academy to provide an outstanding educational experience for the students.
• An individual who wishes to be innovative in the design and development of the Modern Foreign Languages curriculum and play a strategic role in the development of the Academy.
• A leader committed to the importance of Modern Foreign Languages in transforming students' understanding and application of knowledge of different cultures and the world around them to raise their aspirations.
• A leader committed to giving students extra-curricular opportunities.
The Trust can offer:
• Strong support in personalised professional development as a Modern Foreign Languages teacher within a successful Curriculum Area.
• Opportunity to support the development of new teachers via Mid Essex ITT.
• Opportunity to complete relevant NPQ courses.
To discuss the post further or arrange a visit to the Academy please contact Catherine Downes.
Closing Date: Monday 20th June 2022 – 12 noon
Interviews: To be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share in the commitment. Appointments will be subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.