Head of Modern Languages
TLR1 - £10,263
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Modern Languages to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
• French and German are taught as joint first languages in KS3, and Spanish from Year 8. In KS4 the vast majority of students study at least one language to GCSE. A-level French, German and Spanish are offered
• MFL department plays a central role in the curriculum vision of the school. It is well resourced, with two fully equipped computer rooms
• Successful collaborative approach to running of department, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
• Investors in People Report, "a great place to work" where “leaders lead by example and are trusted by people and are passionate about doing their best for the school”.
Essential educational requirements
degree in a modern language or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
experience in comprehensive school
- Excellent Middle Leaders programme, commended in Investors in People Report, "a great place to work".
- Regular professional development opportunities are offered.
- Nursery on site with reduced rates for staff
About The Ashcombe School
The Ashcombe School is a mixed comprehensive school for pupils of all abilities between the ages of 11 and 18 based in Dorking in Surrey. It has been highly sought-after for many years, with very high levels of interest again for September 2020. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In its January 2019 visit, Ofsted commented that “Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere"
- Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1LY
- The Ashcombe School website (opens in a new window)