Head of Music
Cirencester Kingshill School, Cirencester, Gloucestershire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We require a Head of Music for September 2020.
Main Pay Range plus TLR 2b (£4,485).
We are seeking to recruit a talented teacher of proven ability to join the middle management team and help shape the future of this high performing school.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic person who:
• is an inspirational teacher with high expectations;
• will lead curriculum changes in Music within the Expressive Arts Faculty;
• has the ability to run a school choir and be the musical director of the school productions;
• can lead and manage a successful team of staff;
• is willing to make a major contribution to the schools development while preparing themselves for further promotion.
For further details about the vacancy and an application form please go to the school vacancies page on our school website (www.cirencesterkingshill.gloucs.sch.uk) and click on the E-Teach link.
Closing date for receipt of applications is midday Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews: Week beginning 9th March 2020
Cirencester Kingshill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if there is a sufficient number of applications.
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree or equivalent.
• PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education) or equivalent teaching qualification
• Qualified teacher status (QTS)
• Secondary school trained
Essential skills and experience
• A commitment to excellent teaching.
• Ability to teach Music to GCSE level.
• A strong classroom presence.
• Knowledge of curriculum issues for pupils aged 11-16 and current issues in Music.
• Ability to use ICT effectively to assist with teaching and learning, as well as for recording and reporting.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with a range of audiences including pupils, staff, parents and governors.
Cirencester Kingshill School is oversubscribed. The school has an excellent team of teachers and support staff, motivated pupils, supportive parents and an active Governing Body. We also have excellent facilities and resources.
The school offers a variety of CPD and INSET training programmes are scheduled annually. Performance Management is structured into the school calendar. Opportunities are also given to work, collaborate and visit other schools to establish partnerships.
Teaching staff are automatically enrolled into TPS (Teachers Pension Service).More on how to apply
|School size||871 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Cirencester Kingshill School website (opens in a new window)|
About Cirencester Kingshill School
Cirencester Kingshill School, opened in 1976, as a purpose built 11-16 co-educational comprehensive. It is situated on the south east side of Cirencester approximately one mile from the centre, on a spacious site bordering open countryside. The school became an Academy in August 2011.
Kingshill Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1HS