Head of Music
Devonport High School for Girls
HEAD OF MUSIC (MPS/UPS) +TLR2B
Required from September 2020
An inspiring, well-qualified Teacher of Music is required to lead and further develop our Music Department. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching and learning and the ability to lead innovation.
The post holder will be required to teach Music to at least GCSE Level and have a proven record of success supporting students achieving the highest grades at GCSE Level and pursuing careers in music.
DHSG is one of the country’s highest performing state schools. The school has strong international links and creates successful, happy young people who have the skills to carry out leading roles in the world. If you have the energy, skills and motivation to join us and make a difference we would welcome an application from you.
Further information and application packs are available from our website: www.dhsg.co.uk
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 26 February 2020. Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Lyndhurst Road, Peverell, Plymouth, PL2 3DL
Tel: 01752 705024
Head Teacher: Mrs A E Hemsi BSc(Hons), PGCE, MA(Ed), NPQH
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Good subject-related Honours Degree or equivalent
• High ABRSM/Trinity examination results in at least one instrument
Essential skills and experience
• At least three years of teaching
• At least three years of GCSE teaching experience
• Strong keyboard skills
• Proven track record of working with able students and achieving positive outcomes
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of current educational issues including national policies, priorities and legislation
• Thorough knowledge of course requirements for all Key Stages
• An understanding of the role of assessment and student tracking systems in raising standards
• Evidence of very good student management and discipline
• Commitment to raising standards
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
About Devonport High School for Girls
- Lyndhurst Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3DL
- Devonport High School for Girls website (opens in a new window)