Head of PE
This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 11:59pm
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- MPS (Inner London) + £2,000 Harris Allowance
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you a passionate teacher looking for your next step? We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Peckham as Head of PE .
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, management training
- Strong understanding and competency in BTEC Sport
- Demonstrate successful teaching of GCSE at good or better level
Have experience of initiation and effective management of change
Show evidence of raising achievement in present post and showing good value added for groups
- Have knowledge of current curriculum developments in subject and their implications
- Have good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Show good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Have good communication skills in speech and writing
- Display excellent organisational skills
- Be able to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Be able to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
What the school offers its staff
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare your child for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen.In line with all Harris Academies, we ensure that we prepare engaging and innovative learning experiences for our students, within a disciplined context where good manners, smart uniform and mature conduct are expected from all.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
The purpose of your role will be:
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject area.
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole subject/curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal.
- To teach the relevant subject across the age and ability range.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To effectively manage and deploy staff, financial and physical resources within the department.
- To share and support the school's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including formulating the subject and faculty improvement plans, and leadingthe development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessmentand teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum and leading development of the subject and its delivery
- Staff development (including recruiting, building and managing an effective team of motivated staff)
- Student outcomes (including ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring and evaluation systems and the input andmaintenance of accurate student data)
- Pastoral system (including being a formtutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, including acting as an outstanding role model
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Academy Peckham
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 573 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Peckham website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0207 703 4417
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen.
Similar jobs nearby
Avanti House School
Wemborough Road, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 2EQ
Head of Girls' Physical Education
The Reach Free School
Long Lane, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 8AB
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB
The St Thomas the Apostle College
Hollydale Road, London, SE15 2EB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London