MPS/UPS (Outer London) + TLR 2, Band 3
Inspire the next generation of leaders at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
We are seeking an outstanding, experienced qualified teacher, to join our teaching team as Head of Performing Arts, specialising in music.
This vibrant, busy, Performing Arts department, currently consisting of music and drama, thrives on its creative energetic students. The developing department are consistently striving to develop the arts within the Academy, Offering a varied timetable in extra-curricular activities to its array of gifted pupils.
The department are currently looking for an innovative music specialist to continue to support its success and nurture the ever-growing potential of its pupils. KS3 students undertake a variety of activities in lessons and are given the opportunity to performance in end of term concerts and shows. Music and Drama are offered at GCSE and A-level, with strong numbers on both courses.
The purpose of your role will be:
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
- To be accountable for student progress and development in drama, dance and music across KS3, KS4 and post 16
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across drama, dance and music area
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in drama, dance and music
- To ensure that all Academy policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across drama, dance and music.
- To support the development for literacy.
- To lead on organisation and delivery of high quality termly performing arts events, including a whole Academy end of year musical or drama production.
- To organise and run a range of Academy bands and groups, including an Academy Orchestra and Academy Choir.
- To ensure that every child has the opportunity to experience a range of musical and dramatic experiences, including organisation of peripatetic teaching
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational qualified teacher. We are looking for an effective and enthusiastic classroom teacher who will be able to complement our dedicated team of outstanding practitioners. The successful candidate will ideally have significant experience in inner-city, multi-racial and urban areas.
We are looking for a strong communicator with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating, not just the school community, but the wider community. You should hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package. Please visit the Harris careers website for more information.
This job post has expired.
Academy, ages 11 to 18
1291 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace opened as Harris CTC in 1990 and converted to an Academy in September 2007. The Academy is a mixed school for 1,300 students aged 11-18 recruiting students from Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Southwark and Lambeth. The Academy has twice been judged to be outstanding by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection judging the school to be outstanding in every aspect. Student progress is in the top 3% nationally.We are an ambitious school, delivering a high quality education for each one of our students. At Harris City Academy Crystal Palace we aim to prepare young people for an ever-changing world that values self-confident, well-educated and enterprising people.Our vision is simple - ‘All Can Achieve’. Students are at the centre of everything we do and we aim to give all the necessary foundations for success by helping students develop the skills and attributes that will provide them with real life-chances. Students are expected to work hard and to achieve their individual best academically, to develop skills relevant to the 21st Century and to develop the self-confidence and sense of purpose necessary for success in a highly competitive global society. Harris City Academy Crystal Palace provides a safe, yet challenging environment where students can succeed and excel, and by having the highest of expectations all can truly achieve.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace has a long established, distinctive and positive ethos which guides our work and the education of our students. Preparation for adult life underpins our Academy aims and the well developed culture which is established across all aspects and functions of the Academy. We are committed to the success of each of our students and this is reflected through the Academy's values and aims to deliver:
Why work at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- Exam success - we want our students to get the best possible qualifications
- Challenge, relevance and engagement - we want our students to be fully involved in their learning
- Appropriate skills for living, for work and for happiness
- Active citizens
- Self-identity and a feeling of self-worth
- Opportunities and experiences that ignite our students
- Healthy habits that are embedded for life
CPD and Teaching Development opportunities
- A long established and highly successful school: one of the most oversubscribed in the country and the top school in Croydon at Attainment 8 2017
- As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel.
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School has been an established part of the Harris Teaching School Alliance for a number of years, delivering a varied library of subject specialist, leadership and safeguarding courses. The programmes available at the Teaching School site are designed to enrich and upskill teachers of all leadership levels. Led by informed, specialist practitioners from a host of teaching and industry rich backgrounds, Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School provides a multitude of opportunity to both internal and external applicants.