We are looking for an exceptional Head of Performing Arts to lead the Performing Arts team here at Parkwood E-ACT Academy, the successful candidate will provide day to day leadership for the department and be accountable for the quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes ensuring they are in line with the Academy’s strategic plan.
Reporting to SLT link, this post holder will be accountable for
Leading, managing and developing the subject area
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area
- Identify areas for development and improvement linked to the Academy improvement plan, SEF, national and local initiatives.
- Develop and monitor schemes of work for your area across the academy in liaison with your department and to ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
- Lead the development of innovative, creative approaches to learning and to develop cross-curricular skills such as ICT, numeracy & literacy effectively in the delivery of teaching and learning in your area.
- Lead the implementation of national and local strategies for raising attainment of students in your subject, in accordance with the Academy improvement plan.
- Effectively deploy resources as appropriate
- Lead and advise on issues connected with the timetable for the subject area.
- Support SLT to develop and implement strategies for raising achievement and attainment across the Academy
People Development and Management
- Workforce planning for current and future demands to ensure sufficient, appropriately trained staff are available to effectively perform day-to-day requirements and manage periods of peak work volumes to meet KPIs
- Actively lead and participate in the recruitment and selection process of new team members
- Coach, mentor and develop staff including overseeing new employee onboarding, agreeing objectives, performance management, appraisal and career planning and identify CPD needs and opportunities.
- Consciously create a spirit of teamwork amongst department members that promotes E-ACT values and policies, challenging unacceptable behaviours and addressing conflicts swiftly, instigating relevant procedures such as capability, disciplinary and grievance.
- Manage staff absence within your area of responsibility taking actions as appropriate in line with E-ACT policy and procedures, liaising with People Development and employee representatives
- Responsible for the Health and Safety, security and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with E-ACT’s policies and procedures, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Responsible for working in accordance with E-ACT’s policy relating to the promotion of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Parkwood E-ACT Academy - Come join our team
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom. We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
- Teacher Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.