Head of Physical Education
Amery Hill School, Alton, Hampshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We are looking for an inspirational teacher, excellent communicator, and well-qualified Physical Education (PE) specialist to lead this vibrant and successful department at Amery Hill School.
You will head a high-performing, motivated, specialist team who support students to achieve excellent results at GCSE and be a purposeful and committed individual who has the necessary skills and attributes to have a real impact upon PE learning in both KS3 and KS4. We offer an excellent induction programme alongside a supportive working environment.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to make a substantial contribution to the growth and development of Amery Hill School. The role offers the successful candidate a challenge that will be both rewarding and fulfilling and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations.
You should be:
• An outstanding and experienced classroom practitioner of PE
• Passionate about engaging students with the PE curriculum, and enriching this curriculum in line with our ethos of "Opportunity; Progress; Care"
• Enthusiastic and full of ideas, with the drive to make things happen
• Have the ability to support staff in regularly monitoring and evaluating individual student progress
• Able to monitor and evaluate the performance of students, significantly contributing to continuous improvement and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
• Experienced in leading, managing and motivating a team to ensure positive outcomes are achieved
• Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
• Able to commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
In return for your commitment we can offer:
• A school and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
• Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
• A stimulating, attractive and welcoming learning environment
• An approach which supports and stimulates professional growth
Amery Hill School - Education for life
Amery Hill is a very popular 11-16 fully inclusive secondary school where excellence and high aspirations permeate every aspect of school life. Every student is valued as an individual and whatever their goals, staff are there to support, nurture and assist them along their journey to success.
‘The caring and stimulating culture you have created encourages all pupils to do their best’
(OFSTED Feb. 2017)
• We aim to prepare every student with the skills, qualities and resilience to succeed in an ever changing world
• We believe in challenging all our students to better themselves and aspire to be the very best that they can be
• We wish for all students to care and respect any other individual regardless of gender, disability, race, culture, religion or sexuality
Essential educational requirements
Qualified to degree level and above
Qualified to teach and work in the UK
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Effective team worker and demonstrate leadership skills.
Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
Good communication, planning and organisational skills.
Demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to drive up standards of achievement.
You will receive a TLR2b in addition to your salary.More on how to apply
|School size||931 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Amery Hill School website (opens in a new window)|
About Amery Hill School
Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2BZ