Head of Physical Education (PE)
This job expired on 20 April 2023
Start date details
20 April 2023 at 9am
29 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,898
TLR 2C £7,403
What skills and experience we're looking for
At Swanwick Hall Schoolwe are looking to appoint a passionate and driven Head of Physical Education to lead our hardworking team. You will be instrumental in developing the vision for the department with the opportunity to shape curriculum design, develop the practice and pedagogy of others and will work alongside other subject leaders. Whether an experienced subject leader or looking for your first leadership post, you will lead an experienced department of enthusiastic and collaborative PE teachers. The successful candidate will be a dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations. Passionate about PE, you will lead all aspects of learning and teaching in the curriculum area, ensuring that students’ needs for all abilities are met. The successful candidate will have a clear vision of what outstanding PE provision is and be able to inspire and enthuse others to ensure that PE across the school is outstanding and everybody is engaged.
What the school offers its staff
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
- An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
- We take the wellbeing and health of employees seriously. We have a range of support mechanisms and benefits available to employees and the Trust has signed up to the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter.
Further details about the role
Physical Education plays a crucial role in the wellbeing of young people and their personal development; its potential to enhance the education and thus life chances of students is unquestioned. As a dedicated and inspirational Student Progress Leader for PE you will be instrumental in further developing the vision for the faculty and shaping curriculum design; you will also develop the practice and pedagogy of others and be part of an aspirational and cohesive middle leadership team. If you have excellent subject knowledge and are passionate about Physical Education, if you are reflective in your approach to teaching and leading, and if you want to make a lasting impact on students and believe that all students have the capability to succeed, we would love to hear from you. The school benefits from excellent PE facilities including a large and modern sports hall and 20+ acres of parkland including two sets of tennis courts; your role will be to ensure that our 1 100 wonderful students thrive in a broad and engaging curriculum offer, both within the formal taught day and beyond.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Swanwick Hall School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1106 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Swanwick Hall School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Swanwick Hall School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derbyshire and Derby