- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Scale/ UPS (£25 714-£41 604)
We seek to appoint an outstanding leader and classroom practitioner who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to lead our Physics department as we move to the next stage in our development and achieve even greater success. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others within the Physics department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to lead the development of our innovative and exciting Physics curriculum, striving for outstanding progress at every level. Physics is a popular choice at A Level and the department has a successful track record of students progressing to Russell Group universities. The position is permanent and the start date is 25th April 2022.
The successful candidate must:
• An outstanding teacher
• Be enthusiastic and committed teacher and leader with vision, drive and commitment
• Have a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
• Have an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
• Be proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
• Have an ability to inspire and support all students to achieve their full potential
• Be someone with outstanding subject knowledge to lead and develop the KS5 Physics curriculum and work collaboratively with other TLR post holders to develop the wider science curriculum
• Have an ability to raise attainment at KS3, 4 and 5, having a measurable impact at both an individual and departmental level
• Be able to lead the monitoring and evaluation of quality teaching and standards.
• Have an ability to develop innovation in teaching and learning, motivating and inspiring both colleagues and students through outstanding teaching.
• Able to motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve their full potential
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
TLR 2b (£4 786)
Applying for the job
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to:
Mrs L. Oyston, Head teacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton on Tees. TS16 0LA or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1531 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Egglescliffe School
Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms in the Tees Valley and North East? Would you like to be part of a school community that not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has a well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? Would you like to lead a department in a school which has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in three consecutive Ofsted inspections? Would you also like to work in a school with fantastic facilities which is located near the picturesque town of Yarm and close to the beautiful Cleveland Hills?
Egglescliffe is a highly successful and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
Egglescliffe School can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with a collaborative school that is passionate about the progress and development of every student.
Our Physics Department is:
• Highly successful, with students making above national average progress at GCSE and A-level
• Committed to sustaining and improving results across all levels and Key Stages
• A collaborative and supportive department
• Innovative, creative and student centred
• Following AQA at GCSE and A-Level
Arranging a visit to Egglescliffe School
We would welcome any prospective candidates to visit the school prior to the application being submitted. Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit.