Head of Physics
Southend High School for Girls, Southend-on-Sea, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,373 to £40,490|
We are seeking an inspirational and enthusiastic Head of Physics for our successful Science Faculty to teach all Key Stages up to A Level.
The ability to teach Biology, Chemistry and General Science whilst not essential would be advantageous.
The Science Faculty consists of a team of experienced, enthusiastic and committed teachers who gain excellent results. The faculty embraces innovation and offers a rich experience of trips, exchange visits and clubs for our students.
The successful candidate should:
• Be an inspirational classroom practitioner with an infectious enthusiasm for their subject. As a reflective practitioner you will be constantly looking to develop your practice through collaboration, experimentation and hard work.
• Be a motivational leader who can galvanise the team to deliver the very best experiences to our students
• Be a team player working closely with the Director of Faculty to develop the experiences of science for all our students
• Be creative and innovative constantly looking for new ways to challenge our high ability students across all Key Stages
• Be able to further enhance the quality of education with the Science department by evaluating the quality of learning and teaching within the department, working with colleagues to devise and implement strategies to address areas of need and utilizing the school’s performance management and CPD procedures appropriately.
• Secure the highest standards of pupil progress and achievement within your department by implementing appropriate monitoring, tracking and intervention measures and supporting the team to carry out these measures.
- Teaching application form.doc  0.12 MB
|School size||1186 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Southend High School for Girls website (opens in a new window)|
About Southend High School for Girls
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
We can offer you:
• Highly motivated, curious and industrious students
• A strong, highly qualified staff team and an ethos of tolerance and respect with a community spirit
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• An environment which promotes innovation
Southchurch Boulevard, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 4UZ