Head of Physics
An exciting opportunity have arisen to join our Science Department at The Manor Academy as a Head of Physics. You will be responsible for inspiring students through your passion for teaching and for driving and maintaining a high standard of results and working with the Head of Science to manage the Physics curriculum. The role will teach across Key Stages 3 & 4.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved. The post suits an experienced physics teacher with excellent subject knowledge, a willingness to learn and a passion for teaching.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a relevant subject.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Evidence of continuing professional development.
Essential skills and experience
Relevant teaching experience in secondary education, either through a training programme or current post.
Experience of using data to inform planning, target setting and to secure improvements.
Experience of successfully implementing successful teaching and learning strategies.
Excellent subject knowledge with a passion for the subject area.
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues.
Knowledge of effective assessment strategies.
Clear understanding of successful strategies for raising achievement.
Good knowledge of pedagogy, how students learn and teaching styles.
Understanding and commitment to social inclusion.
Why join us?
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when recently grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the last inspection.
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
About The Manor Academy
- Park Hall Road, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 8QA
- The Manor Academy website (opens in a new window)