We are seeking an outstanding Head of Psychology to work within our high performing Academy.Main Areas of Responsibility
Your role will be:
Qualifications & Experience
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within Psychology and to monitor and support student progress.
- To be accountable for the student progress and attainment within the subject area.
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of other teachers in the subject area.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying Psychology, in accordance with the aims of the Academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal of the Academy.
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject.
- To effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the subject area to support the designated curriculum portfolio.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the Academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
The successful candidate will have:
Professional Development & Benefits
- University qualification (Good Honours degree)
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Teaching experience in key stages 3, 4 and 5 (or equivalent)
- Evidence of outstanding teaching and learning
- The ability to use ICT effectively to engage students
- An understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for good teaching and learning
- The ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of learners
- Evidence of pastoral experience
- Experience of being a form tutor
- The ability to offer an extra-curricular activity
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.Equal Opportunities
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.