Philosophy, Religious education
£25,714 - £41,604
HEAD OF RE, Philosophy & Ethics
TLR2B £4,785 pa
11-18 Mixed Comprehensive 1779 on roll
Are you passionate about RE, Philosophy & Ethics and want to join a high performing Humanities team? Rainhill High School, including Rainhill Sixth is the place for you!
Our School’s mission is the ‘Pursuit of Excellence’ in everything that we do.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, talented and dynamic Head of RE, Philosophy & Ethics for September 2021 to lead a team and who can bring excellent leadership skills and outstanding teaching to Rainhill.
You should have leadership experience with a strong track record of improvement as well as being a strong classroom practitioner.
The school has a very strong reputation locally and is significantly over subscribed.
Responsible to: Head of Faculty
Overall Role and Remit
o To maximise the achievement of all children in your charge
o To be responsible for these children’s safety and welfare
o To assist in the development of the department and other teachers within the school.
To work with and for the Head of Humanities Faculty to ensure;
1. To maximise the achievement of students in RE, Philosophy & Ethics against national and locally
agreed benchmarked targets.
2. To be lead practitioner for the teaching of RE, Philosophy & Ethics.
3. Achievement and Retention at KS4/5 in RE, Philosophy & Ethics.
4. To maximise the quality of teaching. In particular to ensure there is no ‘inadequate’ teaching, and to
maximise the proportion of ‘outstanding’ teaching.
5. To ensure delivery of Teaching and Learning Strategies.
6. To ensure the curriculum is up to date and innovative.
7. To maximise the learning opportunities for students.
8. To take a full and active part in the school’s quality assurance process.
9. To line manage all the teaching and support staff in the RE, Philosophy & Ethics Department,
including their Appraisal, with pay progression decisions.
10. To carry out an annual audit of social, spiritual, moral and cultural education across the school,
and report to the senior team, with a plan of action to improve. To coordinate the SMSC
delivery through assemblies.
Further details are at www.rainhillhighschool.org.uk/vacancies Please return application forms to email@example.com or Mrs A Mawdsley at the above address.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 8th March 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 16th March 2021
Rainhill High School and Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as well as promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
This post is subject to a Disclosing & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure Certificate
TLR 2B £4,785 pa
Applying for the job
See advert detailsMore on how to apply