- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
Job Title: Head of School
Reporting to: CEO NWAT
Closing Date: 8th of November 2021
Informal Interviews/School Visits/Teaching Observations: 11th & 15th of November 2021
Formal Interviews: 16th of November 2021
Are you an individual who can build on success, has a vision for teaching excellence, and understands how important the right curriculum is to inspire children to learn? If so, Acton Church of England Primary Academy is the school for you!
We want our next Head of School to see and create opportunity, think differently, innovate and have kindness at their heart for all children. If so, we are looking to appoint an outstanding school leader to start in January 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
Whether you are seeking your first headship or looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Head of School
• Provide professional leadership for the school, inspiring a love of learning.
• Lead by example to ensure a high quality education for all pupils.
• Deliver inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff and pupils.
• Work with the local governing body, staff and parents to secure continuous school improvement consistent with the ethos, values and objectives of the Trust.
• Ensure that all those involved in the school are committed to its aims and motivated to achieve them
• Manage and organise the school building efficiently and effectively to ensure it meets the needs of the curriculum, community use and health and safety regulations.
• Work with colleagues to develop staff in order to maintain and improve the quality of education provided at the school.
• Promote extra-curricular activities in accordance with the educational aims of the school
• Manage, monitor and review the range, quality and use of all available resources in order to improve the quality of education, ensure efficiency and secure value for money.
• Promote an environment which secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
• Carefully monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching, learning and standards of achievement.
• Develop and maintain effective links with parents and the wider community to extend the curriculum and support pupils’ achievement and personal development.
• Ensure clear delegation of responsibilities and tasks, consistent with employment conditions.
• Promote and monitor professional development, including the induction of newly qualified staff.
• Build on good working relationships with trustees, governors, staff, pupils, parents/ carers and the community. Foster an environment in which all staff understand they are accountable for the success of the school.
• Ensure that parents/ carers and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress.
• Present an accurate and coherent account of the school’s performance, suitable for a range of audiences, including governors, the Trust, the community, OFSTED and others, to enable them to play their part effectively.
• Carry out any duties as reasonably expected of the Head of School.
• Qualified teacher status.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• National professional qualification for Headship (NPQH) or equivalent (clearly stated)
Skills & Knowledge
• Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to set targets and identify areas for improvement.
• Strategic use of data.
• Understanding of high quality teaching, and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve.
• Evidence of leading quality of teaching and learning.
• Ability to manage financial resources.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate a vision and inspire others.
• Successful senior leadership and management experience in a school.
• Teaching experience.
• Involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning.
• As above – leading SEF and planning.
• Experience of successful line management and staff development.
• Evidence of change and/or project management.
• Strong relationship skills, with clear understanding of how to work with all school partners.
North West Academies Trust (NWAT)
NWAT believes an aspirational and inspirational education is the right of every child. Our success is driven by a commitment to improve standards and outcomes for all pupils. As specialists in high-quality education, we are passionate about supporting schools within their communities and helping ensure outstanding learning opportunities for every child. The schools in our Trust provide excellent teaching and strong leadership in a creative, supportive and aspirational environment. We have the necessary experience of driving up standards in education in order to provide a learning environment in which all children and young adults can achieve their full potential. We are an organisation built on strong foundations, enabling us to expand and welcome new schools with ease while still retaining focus on our core commitment to excellence in education. We have the experience, ambition and aspiration to bring about excellence and inspire children to succeed. Whatever the challenges are, our goal remains the same: to provide children with opportunities to aspire and succeed, and open their eyes to the wonderful world of possibility.
We can offer you…
• All the support you need to do an excellent and rewarding job, at a school where every child really does matter.
• A chance to develop professionally and improve a good school with a stimulating learning environment.
• A team of enthusiastic teachers, support staff and governors who are committed to continuous school growth.
• An environment in which well-behaved children enjoy school, are keen to learn and are eager to take part in activities.
• Highly-supportive parents who are committed to assist the school by providing extra hands where they are needed and hold social events to bond the school community.
Please contact Claire Booth – NWAT HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to arrange a visit to Acton CE Primary Academy, have further questions and to request a job pack.
Applying for the job
Please conctact NWAT's Trust HR Officer, Claire Booth at email@example.com for an application pack.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 169 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Acton Church of England Primary Academy
Acton Church of England Primary Academy is located in Nantwich, Cheshire and has strong links in the local community – particularly with the local Church, St Mary’s Acton. As a church school our belief is that education is a partnership between school, home and the community, parents/carers are encouraged in the participation of the learning process and in school life. The staff and governors at Acton Church of England Primary Academy are dedicated to ensure that the pupils receive the best educational offering.
Our mission is to equip every pupil with all necessary skills for their onward journey, having loved their time at our school
Arranging a visit to Acton Church of England Primary Academy
Please contact: Claire Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org to arange a visit of the school