This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary leader to join the
senior leadership of our primary school in Carlton Colville, which has shared leadership
with Westwood Primary School.
The Head of School will manage the day-to-day running of the school in
line with the vision created by the Senior Leadership Team, of which they will
be a member, and the Local Governing Body. The Head of School will work with
the Executive Headteacher and other members of the Senior Leadership Team in
providing effective leadership and management of the school.
We are looking for a Head of School who will:
- Have an uncompromising commitment to ensure
that each child has a well-rounded education through a creative and
- Be an inspirational leader.
- Remain committed to developing each child as
an individual who is valued, respected and treated equally.
- Continue to strive for excellence.
- Support and motivate our dynamic and
forward-thinking staff by fostering respectful relationships and focusing
on their career development and wellbeing.
- Promote inclusion and remove all barriers to
education and extracurricular activities.
- Be excited by learning and has a strong
commitment to ensuring children’s social, emotional and mental health
needs are met.
What we can offer:
- Engaged and creative children.
- Motivated and talented staff with high
- A child centred ethos that achieves great
- An excellent working environment that supports
and promotes staff well-being.
- Commitment to ongoing opportunities for
training and professional development.
- Strong Trust family who are encouraging and at
the heart of all that we do.
- The ability to obtain NPQH delivered by the
Active Learning Trust Institute in partnership with Ambition Institute
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed. To discuss the role further,
or to arrange a visit, please contact Rae Aldous, Executive Headteacher via
All applications are to be submitted through My New Term. The Active
Learning Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing
date. With this in mind, we encourage
you to apply as soon as possible.
Grove Primary School and the Active Learning Trust are committed to
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We
expect all staff to actively share this commitment. All adults working in our
Trust in whatever capacity will be part of a thorough safer recruitment
process. All appointments will be subject pre-employment checks including the
taking of satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record clearance in
line with the need to create and maintain a safe culture.
This job post has expired.