Head of School (Hampton College Secondary Phase)
19 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
18 April 2023 at 9am
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - This is a full-time position.
- Leadership (L29 - L35)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Work closely with an exceptionally strong team of teachers and support staff to take the school on to the next phase of its journey
- Help shape the strategic direction of the school, to build on our significant strengths
- Maintain a sharp focus on raising progress and attainment within a calm, caring, inclusive and aspirational environment
- Be an enthusiastic, committed and highly motivational leader, who is a visible presence around the school
- Be a leader who is an excellent teacher and communicator, who cares deeply about the prospects of young people and is passionate about the transformative potential of comprehensive education
- Work with a collaborative and talented Senior Leadership Team and dedicated governing body and trust team
What the school offers its staff
- A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings and all HAT sites have light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
- We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
- Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
- Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way.
Further details about the role
Our website is: www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 76.9 KB
About Hampton College
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1646 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hampton College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Hampton College Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust - HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. In 2020, Dogsthorpe Infant School joined our trust. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff. Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School is located. Required September 2023 (or earlier) TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teacher with a passion for Geography, on a full-time basis. You will be expected to contribute to the continued development of the Department’s curriculum. You should be able to communicate effectively with students and colleagues as well as having good organisational skills. You should be a reflective practitioner, interested in developing your practice and trying out new strategies in your teaching. You will already be, at least, a competent user of ICT, and happy to learn more. Above all, we wish to appoint an imaginative and enthusiastic teacher, who will be keen to work alongside a team determined to create an excellent department and one keen to develop excellent relationships with students and staff. You will have a passion for working with young people and you will relish the satisfaction that comes from helping them to develop and to learn. The successful candidate will, of course, be an important part of the department and can expect the support needed to develop their career further but will also be expected to: • Possess the ability to inspire and motivate, and who have a passion for teaching and learning. • Have consistently high expectations with the drive to help all students achieve their full potential. • Be an exceptional team player and who enjoys supporting and working collaboratively with others. • Have the skill to form positive relationships for learning with all staff, students and parents. • Share our vision to deliver outstanding education for children and young adults and the commitment to make a difference to outcomes and achievements of all our students. What we can offer you in return: • A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community. • We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust. • Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential. • Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor. • Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal. For further details, please visit the Hampton Academies Trust website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/ Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 13 March 2023 Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appointment prior to the closing date. Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Arranging a visit to Hampton College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough