Leadership, SEN specialist
Leadership 9-13 (Salary: £51,402 - £56,721)
We are keen to appoint an excellent and inspiring leader to join our team as Head of School from September 2021. The Head of School role does not currently have a regular class teaching commitment and includes responsibility as Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) supported by our SENCo Assistant.
The successful candidate will be able to show evidence of leading learning to secure best possible learning outcomes and will be able to demonstrate an ability to lead and develop others to achieve exceptional performance.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with wonderful children and inspiring staff
• The support of an experienced leadership team across the federation committed to the best possible outcomes for children in our school
• Support to develop and grow your skills in leadership and management
• A knowledgeable, active and supportive Governing Board
• Opportunities to lead strategic initiatives and have an impact on the school community
• The opportunity to work across our thriving federation
• Training and development to support your role as Head of School and career progression
Applying for the job
Please return the completed application form, together with a letter of support, to include any relevant details about why you are applying for this position, to the school by 5pm, Thursday 22nd April 2021.
Please write your personal statement within the application form with reference to the Person Specification found within the application pack. Please use the headings from this document as a guide.
Interviews: 6th May 2021 More on how to apply
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
209 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Herstmonceux Church of England Primary School
Herstmonceux Church of England Primary School is a small rural school where children come first and staff are valued as a highly effective team.
Our school is in the centre of our village and as a small school we enjoy a caring and nurturing family ethos. Herstmonceux Church of England Primary School is in federation with All Saints’ and St Richard’s Church of England Primary School forming Sussex Spires Federation.
As Head of School you will have the opportunity to lead change and make a difference to the lives of the children and the school community.
You will have responsibility for the day to day leadership and management of our school working closely with the Executive Headteacher in shaping our strategic vision.
Arranging a visit to Herstmonceux Church of England Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please call the school office on 01323 833148 and full details can be found on our school website.