Head of School
Equa Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Head of School to lead Lavington School through its next phase of academy development, to become a truly great school; in every way. The vacancy has arisen due to the promotion of the current head teacher to CEO of Equa.
We are a thriving 11 –16 co-educational school at the heart of our local rural community. We have a newly formed sixth form satellite centre on site. Our students are fantastic and are drawn from a wide geographical area across Wiltshire. We are proud to be the inclusive and aspirational school of choice, which has seen significant growth in recent years. Our KS4 results consistently add great value, well above national averages, achieved through a broad and aspirational curriculum and high standards of teaching from our dedicated teachers and support staff. Our students have high expectations of themselves as we do of them. We are a caring and nurturing community, in which children flourish.
We are part of Equa Multi Academy Trust and our ethos of ‘equity’ giving Every Child, Every Chance is clear. We are currently a group of six schools, Lavington School and five local primary schools, with the single aim of providing excellence in education for our rural community. We are looking for a new Headteacher who shares the values of our school and who is aspirational for the school going forward. Much has been achieved in the last years but we seek to continue to grow and improve. As trustees and governors we have a sensible understanding of the challenges, as Head, for schools. We seek to be critical friends in support of the new Head in driving standards and culture.
We are seeking to appoint a Head driven by moral purpose with the skills to ensure that Lavington School is a place of excellence for achievement, at school and beyond. The post is suitable for a Deputy Head ready to take the next step and equally for a serving Headteacher ready for a new challenge. The successful candidate will use their energy, strategy and enthusiasm to make sure all in the Lavington School community are able to thrive.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified teacher status
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Evidence of leading professional development activity
Essential skills and experience
• A track record of whole school leadership at senior level, raising standards and delivering educational excellence
• A strong classroom practitioner
• Experience of successfully managing change
• Engagement with current education developments, opportunities and innovations
• A rigorous approach to accountability for student learning outcomes
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative data
• Leads by example with an understanding of how to use different leadership and management styles
• An understanding of the learning needs of students who have a special educational need or disability and thorough knowledge and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice 0-15 years
• The ability to promote the vision and values of the school to a wide range of audiences
About Lavington School
- The Spring, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 4EB
- Lavington School website (opens in a new window)