Leadership Scale LDR 25-33
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leesland C of E Federation and lead the day-to-day management of a dedicated and enthusiastic team at our Junior School. The vacancy has arisen due to the retirement of the current postholder.
Our Head of School will build on the current successes in the school and further develop the ambition that every child will succeed regardless of any needs or barriers to learning. Along with all stakeholders, you will be able to maintain the Christian Values of Love, Grace and Respect within the school community, and enhance the curriculum offer in light of community priorities.
We are looking for an outstanding senior leader who is passionate about teaching and learning, being a champion for every child at Leesland, and effective professional development for staff members.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of our journey to a bright future for everyone at Leesland with the support of an experienced Executive Headteacher and very collaborative Senior Leadership Team across both schools in the Federation.
The person we are looking for:
- Has recent and successful experience as a Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher in a school
- Can inspire, challenge and motivate others
- Brings joy, dedication and compassion to the role
- Has a deep and unshakeable commitment to inclusive education which meets the needs of all children in the Leesland family
- Works hard to ensure schools are an enjoyable learning community for everyone, and sets an exemplary example of professionalism and leadership
- Has a proven track record of building strong and successful relationships with parents/carers, pupils, colleagues, other local schools and the local community
- Is willing and able to maintain and build on the distinctively Christian ethos of Leesland C of E Federation
- Has the ambition and the drive to support the Federation’s relentless pursuit of excellence
We can offer the right candidate:
- A school with a strong Christian ethos, which promotes inclusion and strives for all children to flourish academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually
- A supportive local community who engage well with our schools
- A Federation where we value all pupils and families knowing that we care
- An opportunity to continue your own professional development
- Opportunities to work in genuine partnership with colleagues across the Federation – although based in our Junior School, we work as a ‘virtual primary school’
- Variety: the job description is broad, and no two days are the same!
- Amazing children who make working at Leesland a joy
Applying for the job
Please see the application pack and application form for details.
These can also be found at https://www.leeslandschools-fed.co.uk/vacancies/
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
346 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Leesland Church of England Controlled Junior School
Leesland C of E Infant and Junior Schools federated in September 2010. Each school has its own buildings and grounds, adjacent to each other, separated by a public footpath. The Junior School is fortunate to enjoy extensive school grounds, including a Forest School provision and a swimming pool. Federation staff work collaboratively across both schools.
Both Leesland schools are C of E Schools (Voluntary Controlled) within the Portsmouth Diocese and are maintained by Hampshire Local Authority. They serve an engaging and supportive local community.
Leesland C of E Federation is easily accessible from the Gosport Ferry, on major bus routes and from the M27 by car. This may make the commute easier than you may think if you live outside Gosport. A number of our staff travel in to the area each day with ease.
Gosport is a borough town situated on the south coast of England, within the county of Hampshire. It is part of the South Hampshire conurbation and lies on a peninsula on the western side of Portsmouth Harbour opposite the City of Portsmouth, to which it is linked by a pedestrian ferry, and relatively easy transport links to London and a number of other cities.
Arranging a visit to Leesland Church of England Controlled Junior School
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and will be in line with current social distancing rules and our Covid-19 Risk Assessment. Please contact our Executive Headteacher, Claire Wilson, at email@example.com to arrange an informal visit to both our schools. Alternatively you can request an online ‘visit’ using MS Teams or Zoom.