Head of School
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to develop your career? Are you a dynamic, creative, motivational team player ready to take on the operational leadership of either our primary or secondary site, with a strategic responsibility across both sites?
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Head Teacher to Headship, Mabel Prichard school is able to offer this exciting new role. The school has grown considerably in recent years and has the potential for further growth; therefore, governors have decided to introduce Heads of School to the structure to ensure our learners benefit from the best teaching and learning opportunities possible as the school moves forward.
Mabel Prichard School is a community special school for students with severe learning difficulties and profound and multiple learning difficulties. We believe in enabling every student to discover who they are and to realise their full potential. Our curriculum offers a broad range of opportunities to face challenge; develop independence; prepare for adulthood; discover the world; be safe and develop the skills and knowledge to lead a happy, positive and fulfilled life.
Through our strong caring ethos, we support students to respect their whole community, regardless of background, race, gender, faith and disability and to celebrate diversity, so they are able to develop skills of empathy and tolerance in their life ahead.
If you have two or more years of SEND senior leadership experience, a proven track record of building and leading teams and are committed to ensuring the very best for all learners, we would love to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
● Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
● Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
● Qualified to work and teach in the UK.
Essential skills and experience
● Proven experience of successful leadership and management at a senior level in education for at least 2 years.
● Recent experience of SEND.
● Proven experience of having successfully led significant changes or improvements in a school at a senior level.
● Experience of working collaboratively.
In turn, we offer:
● Imminent joining of The Gallery Trust, a strong community of special schools in Oxfordshire.
● Excellent CPD opportunities, including a fully funded Masters of Educational Leadership.
● Encouragement to develop the skill and practice to apply to become a specialist Leader in Education (SLE), demonstrating knowledge, expertise and excellent practice in the specialist area of SEND, e.g. Cognition and Learning, C&I, etc.
● A supportive team of dedicated professionals focusing on developing the very best evidence-based practice to achieve the best outcomes for our learners.
● Wonderful students, families and professionals, working as a strong team.
● A staff wellbeing group, supporting individual wellbeing targets and organising social events.
● An opportunity to use the fully equipped gym in one of our co-located schools.
About Mabel Prichard School
Mabel Prichard is a community special school for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties and complex needs. We are located in Blackbird Leys and Littlemore in Oxford and are split across two sites. Students range from 2 to 19 years.
- Cuddesdon Way, Oxford, OX4 6SB
- Not Applicable
- Special School
- Mabel Prichard School website (opens in a new window)