Millbank Academy has an exciting opportunity available for a talented Head of School to join their team from September 2021. You will be joining an outstanding primary academy, leading excellent teachers and working alongside exceptional senior leaders, both within Millbank Academy and across the Trust.
You will have the ability to inspire both children and colleagues, leading each on a path of improvement and development. You will be a tireless advocate for education and forward thinking in your approaches to development, change and improvement; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university as well as professional development in preparation for a school leadership position
• Experience of working as part of the senior leadership team within an ambitious primary school with proven results
• Great passion and determination to deliver an exceptional standard of education
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• The Curriculum Centre. We enhance our teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of our own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving our teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
Applying for the job
If you are interested in applying to the post of Head of School at Millbank Academy, please download the attached applicant information pack and application form. Using the contact details on the form, please email the completed document to Hannah Walker. Deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 15th March 2021.
Alternatively, please follow the link to our career site where you can complete an online application form by clicking on "Fast Apply".
If this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.More on how to apply