Head of School
Pickwick Academy Trust, formed in August 2017, is a thriving community of four founding primary schools located within 10 miles of each other in Wiltshire between Chippenham and Melksham. The schools in the Trust are committed to working together to provide the best schools and outcomes for their children.
The Board are seeking to appoint a permanent Head of School who will report directly to an Executive Headteacher, of which there are two within the Trust’s leadership structure.
Queen’s Crescent School is located in Chippenham and provides education to approximately 405 children. The school was judged by Ofsted as Good in May 2017, and prides itself on being a friendly, vibrant school with an energetic and creative staff team. The school is committed to providing the best primary education for all its pupils and is proud of the vibrant and exciting school environment it creates. Pupil’s achievements are recognised and celebrated, with the aim to develop a love of learning and build self-esteem, confidence and independence. The school has fantastic outdoor facilities, which are used well to provide outdoor learning experiences. There are high expectations of all children in their learning, and the school promotes and achieves high standards of behaviour.
To be successful you will need to:
• Have a proven track record at senior leadership level of raising pupil standards; and be able to demonstrate this success at interview.
• Be an outstanding leader with drive, energy and ambition, inspiring children and staff to strive for continuous improvement and outstanding outcomes for all.
• Be able to recognise the school’s individual strengths and build upon its achievements and successes.
• Be able to develop quickly as a credible leader and have the ability to foster professional, influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Be able to demonstrate that you have worked collaboratively and are committed to work in partnership with fellow Heads of School in other Trust schools.
Essential educational requirements
A degree or equivalent.
Evidence of continuing and recent relevant professional development.
Qualified teacher status.
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working in a large primary school
Experience of working in a Multi Academy Trust
Experience of successful leadership
Experience of leading and managing a team
Evidence of successful classroom practice and curriculum development
A proven ability to motivate, lead and interact effectively with staff, children, and parents/carers
Ability to plan strategically with a sense of priorities
Able to use appropriate leadership styles in different situations
Experience of managing change
The ability to identify and access support/educational opportunities from in and around the community
Able to work constructively with governors
Experience of financial management at a whole school level
Ability to use attainment and pupil progress data and implement a range of strategies to raise achievement
A commitment to equality of opportunity for all and of successful strategies for promoting inclusion
The ability to safeguard and promote to the welfare of children
About Queen's Crescent School
- Windsor Close, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 0QT
- Queen's Crescent School website (opens in a new window)