L21 - L25 or L28 depending on experience
- Post Title: Head of School -Springwell Learning Community
- Scale: L21 - L25 or L28 depending on experience
- Start: September 2021 or January 2022
- Do you share our vision of an inclusive education system where staff teams work together for the specific needs of children and young people?
- Are you an exceptional leader who wants to make a real difference to the lives of children for social, emotional and mental health difficulties?
- We are currently looking for a Head of School who is:
- An experienced leader, with the ability to establish a calm and purposeful learning environment
- Passionate about the curriculum and knows what outstanding teaching and learning looks like
- Able to lead the school on a day-to-day basis with advice and guidance from the Executive Team
- We need a leader who is highly motivated, with imagination and focus to join us on our journey. Only the very best will do as our children deserve only the best. If you are a great leader, if you are dedicated to improving the life chances of children and have the ability to help both staff and pupils shine, please get in touch!
Applying for the job
To apply, please download and complete a Wellspring application form and submit, via email, alongside a letter of application. This letter should outline why you feel your experience makes you a strong applicant for this exciting opportunity. It should not exceed two sides of A4.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 5 to 16
102 pupils enrolled
5 to 16
About Springwell Special Academy
Springwell is a fabulous place to work. It consists of two schools: Springwell Special Academy and Springwell Alternative Academy. Our staff work flexibly across each setting supporting the educational, special and personal-development needs of children and young people in Barnsley. We are an inclusive community in an inclusion trust.
Arranging a visit to Springwell Special Academy
For more information about the role, please speak to Sarah Wilson, Executive Principal. To make an appointment, please call Sarah Elliot on 01226 291133
Springwell Special Academy
St Helen's Boulevard, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 2AY