Alongside the job description and person specification, we are looking for an outstanding candidate who is:
- Hardworking and dedicated: understanding the variety and complexities of the role whilst also acknowledging the extended working hours that are required on occasions.
- An expert at multi-tasking: the role has many levels; working with a multitude of people and there is much to achieve on a daily and weekly basis, as well as to meet longer term goals.
- People-centred: we want someone who will fit well within the team whilst having empathy for the countless challenges that our families and staff encounter.
- Loyal and committed: someone who sees themselves as prepared for a rewarding and challenging journey.
- An excellent and reflective communicator who loves listening to all stakeholders and thrives on solving problems.
- Fun: without doubt, in this role you are going to have to have a sense of humour!
We pride ourselves on being a supportive employer, with a strong voice for the teaching profession as a whole. We live by our values – and ‘family first’ means that as well as two additional paid leave days (Family Days), we have a range of benefits to demonstrate how much we value each and every colleague. We would like the best candidate for the role, and so your salary will be highly competitive and will be discussed with the successful candidate at the time of job offer. Similarly, the start date will be discussed at interview.
Wrotham Road Primary School is thrilled to be recruiting for a Head of School.
Wrotham Road Primary is a two-form entry school situated at the heart of the community in Gravesend, Kent and is committed to giving every child the best support possible to fulfil their potential. We are a successful, multicultural school where our pupils proudly speak over 30+ languages and stand united with one voice. We are seeking someone with vision, drive and enthusiasm, excellent leadership and team-building skills, the ability to inspire and support. Working closely with the Executive Headteacher, the Senior School Improvement Lead and the Deputy CEO you will not only lead the school but will be part of a Trust Heads Strategic team, leading our Trust through a period of exciting development. We are proud of the nine schools within our Trust family, and the successful candidate will ensure that every pupil receives the very best provision for their pupils, families and staff. The successful applicant will be working with committed, talented, and dynamic staff, all of whom have a shared alignment to our values of Enjoyment, Confidence, Individuality, Creativityand Independence, which are at the centre of everything that we do.
Do come and see what a great opportunity this is. Informal visits are warmly welcomed, please contact the School Office on 01474 534540.
The Golden Thread Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and therefore is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. In line with KCSIE guidance, all candidates who are shortlisted will be subject to an online search. This search is not part of the shortlisting process itself and all shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to address any issues of concern raised.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.